Advice Needed!!

Jine

Crippled n Crazy
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Help needed if pos. Just bought a 54 plate 1.8t s-line 190bhp CVT!! looking to get it remapped but does anyone know what this limits of the CVT are?? But dont wanna do any mods until i get some idea of what the limits are.

If you guys can shed some light on this for me.

:redrs4:l

I was told by a tuner that the limit (useable) for a fwd a4 190t would be 260-275 bhp with the standard turbo but with upgraded exhaust and cat aswel as new front mount intercooler and few other choice mod's, over 260-275 bhp the car would be undriveable.. A stage one remap will bring a smile to your face and keep you happy for while..

I thinks he means for the gearbox not the car it self, sorry mate not known much about autoboxes

Yeah sorry dude, Was talking about the gearbox its self. I read somewhere that they are pretty delicate but the A4 3.0 CVT was safely handling 220hp/221 lb/ft. Any Ideas??

I think you'll be ok with a remap and exhaust, the remaps are still pretty much within the cars reliability parameters as long as you avoid "cheap" people using silly software and mapping it aggresively. Make sure you use a mainstream tuner. Custom Code and Revo are good ones to look at for example.

contacted custom code yesterday and they put me on to Badger5, the guy there said they wouldn't touch it cos the CVT cant access the low down rev range and i wouldn't be able to notice the difference. Any ideas on what to do next?

Slushboxes are devilspawn, but the Multitronic crap i think you'll have i wouldnt touch with a bargepole, let alone tune it.

A Quote from Wikipedia: "At first, the torque limit was 310 newton metres (229 ft·lbf), but the transmission is now modified to withstand 400 newton metres (295 ft·lbf) torque."

So depending which version you have, that gives you a torque limit that your tuner should work to not exceeding.

Your stock engine produces 177lbft, so there is some scope for a remap, but if it blows up, you were warned ;)

Nice 1 ar,

i may be being a bit thick here, but how can i tell which 1 i have??