Black Optics

Sometimes Ebay
Audi, but it can be realllllly expensive
Also DIY spraying its not good if it gets chipped :(

So Ebay is the way i think :)

i think they call it Black Optik in Germany, so it's a fair name... yeah eBay probs your best bet.

I've been stalling over buying the black optics grille from Audi for ages now I just havn't been able to bring myself to paying £245 for a grille...yet

I just got the replica one from FK Automotive in Germany, looks a treat for £57 delivered! :)

Can you take a photo of it for me?I would consider one of those, if it looks the part!

Is the FK one as good quality as the Audi one?

Yes it is called Optik in the parts domain, sales may have boosted it a bit with the Black Styling Pack lol

Get from audi imho as you could be waiting ages of ebay etc & most 2nd user ones tend to have something wrong with them.

Is the FK one as good quality as the Audi one?

no its just plain black plastic, the audi one is gloss black. I quite like the look of it to be honest,

Somehow i dont think my car is worth £200 more with a genuine one fitted!

yea the FK one is good enough quality and there are loads of variations in it! But I think the genuine one has much nicer finish, the surround is gloss black with the grill itself matt black! The louvres in the genuine one are also alot closer together!

£150 from audi for grill, s-line badge, and number plate holder! With about 10%discount of course assuming from the original SIG that it's s-line your after?

Yes it is called Optik in the parts domain, sales may have boosted it a bit with the Black Styling Pack lol

I wasn't being picky, they call it black optics on every other Audi, but for some reason they call it the Black Styling Pack on the S3.

It's stupid, as there's only one item in the "pack", calling it a pack on the RS4 would make sense, as there's the grill, window surounds, roof rails and exhausts and not just the ****** grill!

All I was doing was trying to help make his life easier at the parts counter, asking some Audi parts guys for a "black optic" when ETKA has it listed as the "black styling pack" would be enough for them to turn around and tell you it doesn't exist and they can't help. Not all of them have intelligence in anywhere near sufficient amounts to make any kind of connection.

Last edited:
I wasn't being picky, they call it black optics on every other Audi, but for some reason they call it the Black Styling Pack on the S3.

It's stupid, as there's only one item in the "pack", calling it a pack on the RS4 would make sense, as there's the grill, window surounds, roof rails and exhausts and not just the ****** grill!

All I was doing was trying to help make his life easier at the parts counter, asking some Audi parts guys for a "black optic" when ETKA has it listed as the "black styling pack" would be enough for them to turn around and tell you it doesn't exist and they can't help. Not all of them have intelligence in anywhere near sufficient amounts to make any kind of connection.

Didnt even cross my mind you were being picky Mitch me old china, just as you, adding some helpful info should people experience any issues with parts guys which from the stories we hear on here they all tend to & as you also pointed out, some parts departments amaze me they can even dress themselves without a 1, 2, 3 dot to dot user guide. :)