storage nets for back of front seats?

B3NJ1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed that my recently purchased Audi A3 hasn't come with the storage pack so was wondering if it is possible to get the storage nets for the back of the front seats retrofitted and if so where do I get the nets from and are they easy to attach:ermm:?

Cheers
B3ENJ1

Dont beleive u can retro fit.

I retro fitted mine - bought them off the bay for £28 delieverd for the pair.

Absolute f'k'r to get off. I was sure i was gonna damage something!!

They come with the rear of seat covers, not listed seperately.

However there is a map net which is what they're known as that you could screw onto the rear of the seat, think its smaller & its the same as the one that is on the passenger front right knee area screwed to the center console trim.

Last edited:
wondering what the map compartment in glovebox look like as its was part of the storage pack? anyone got a pic of it?

We have the packs, great value new but a ****** to retrofit. Not sure the map compartment is part of the storage pack though. will check.

What you mean ****** to retrofit, if you buy the rear covers with its not that hard to fit them tbh, care & due attention are words I'd use but not hard.

NHN

Have you actually tried to do it, we have!
We bought just the nets for our first 8P 53 Reg and decided after much cursing and swearing it really wasn't worth the effort.

James above is of the same opinion!!:ohmy:

NHN

Have you actually tried to do it, we have!
We bought just the nets for our first 8P 53 Reg and decided after much cursing and swearing it really wasn't worth the effort.

James above is of the same opinion!!:ohmy:

Course I ****** have, I dont ever quote things are hard/easy to do unless I know wtf I'm talking about, I've taken the covers of numerous times when working on airbags amongst things, on my cars including the 8P. :tapedshut:

Wondering if anyone got an link for the nets, just wanna to see what it look like and might give myself a go

You can kinda see them in this pic mate, I never use them, well not yet but new kid will probably change that.

46023_2011-Audi-A3-Sportback-Rear-Seats-Picture.jpg

Just to be clear - the difficulty is in quite how f'in hard you have to pull!! i honestly thought i was gonna rip the clips off the seats when i did it. If it helps, i have a spare set of seat back?

hi
i have just put some s line seats in my a3 sportback which DO NOT have the nets but the SE seats i took out did have them

question is can i take the backs off the SE seats and put them onto the Sline seats :ermm:

cheers

nav

I see no reason why not, just get your fingers at the top of the trim & slowly prise the top edge of & increase your force as darth vader may say :p

There are a number of spring clips that hold it in place & you may find these ping of into the seat.

But the secret to doing these is to not pull the long clips right out at first, just get enough room, to get your fingers in there & slide the clip to the side out of its locator in the seat back, well worked for me, rest is easy after that imho.

I bought a trim removal tool set from B&Q, It had a tool in it that was great for removing these sort of clips. Its sort of rounded at the end so you can get in behind the trim, once you apply some rpressure they pop out nicely

If you going to do some retorfitting its an essential purchase to save breaking numerous clips and finger nails!

wondering what the map compartment in glovebox look like as its was part of the storage pack? anyone got a pic of it?

It's a small plastic U clip on the lid, that can be used to hold a map. It's nothing special.

Holy bump, but does anyone know where you can buy the nets? cheers