New order lead times

musicegbdf

Reaction score
There seems to be a fair amount of varying times given from what I have seen on the forum.

I ordered a Sportback TDI 170 Quattro on 14th Aug and was given a apprx del date of 30th Oct., I told the dealer at the time the critical part for me was before end of the year to avoid the VAT increase.

He told me at the time that I should be OK , but the "black models" were not available for delivery until march/April.

I see on this forum a number of people have had orders put back into next year , what has the dealer told you about paying the extra VAT ?

Also sound like my dealer was a little "optomistic" and wonder if I might get a call telling me it has dropped back...

Any thoughts out there...

Am tempted to press the dealer or am I worrying too early. As I say if it comes in Nov or Dec no big deal , but not keen on paying extra VAT.

We ordered a S-Line Sportback 170 TDi with DSG, Leather and a few other options on February 14th this year and it was on the drive 30th April so your dealer is spot on with what he is saying going by our experience. The black edition models are the ones that are held on delievery times due to the wheels I believe....

With reagrds to the VAT I would think the dealer would honour the price at the time you ordered the same as they would honour the price of a trade in you have which would obviously drop with time...

Thks, have just heard back from the dealer and has firm build week of wk 46 and he assures me it won't be later than that and may even be earlier. So assuming 2 weeks for delivery and PDI etc fingers crossed for week 48/49. Seems it is the Blacks that have the problem. Good point about the trade in , and would have hoped they would honour the VAT....
Really looking forward to it .....

Unless the order was placed prior to 22 June you are stuffed with the VAT apparently an Audi instruction went out to all dealers to advise that 20% VAT payable after Jan.

Let's hope arrives before end Dec then , as I have made it clear (in writing) that my purchase was conditional on delivery before the VAT increase. If it drops back I will cancel my order (unless they honour the price before increase) and not buy an Audi. I also have my daughter and brother lined up to buy Audi's early next year and will dissuade them if it goes wrong.

I have a copy from the dealer of the Audi factory order which shows the production week as week 46.

The other problem is my current car could do with a few things doing to it plus my breakdown cover has expired , but not inclined to spend out money on this car as I have an agreed trade in, but if I knew it was droppong back to 2011 and the vat will be at the old rate I would do the bits on my old car...

I was told Build week 39 so 4-5 weeks after for delivery is this correct?

I ordered my BE on April 30th, has been built this week (WK37) I have now been told it should be a max of 3 weeks from when it's released by the factory. So I'm guessing 4-5 weeks max after build!