2008 facelift a3/s3 brochure request

Try this one then... I know it's Canadian but it may help. I think I have a hard copy somewhere.. we bought our last in Mar 2008 and picked up new facelift brochure to view changes, main ones being side indicators in door mirrors and very minor tweaks.

http://microsites.audicanada.ca/my09/pdf/ca/2009_Audi_A3.pdf

Thanks for that but still no good, does not cover the S3 ( Don't think they were sold in Canada ) Sep 2008 was when the whole new front end came out with the LED DRL's amongst other changes.

Hardly a whole new front end! The changes are really quite minor. Try taking a look at the current audi.co.uk site and downloading the current brochure.

Our spec in regards to standard options is quite different to the UK too. For example, we get Bose stereo, bluetooth, reverse sensors, leather seats (and maybe more) included as standard gear, which I don't think is the case for you guys???

I'm sure I had a "better" PDF but I must have deleted it. I have a pre-facelift PDF, but that's not what you're after.

Our spec in regards to standard options is quite different to the UK too. For example, we get Bose stereo, bluetooth, reverse sensors, leather seats (and maybe more) included as standard gear, which I don't think is the case for you guys???

I'm sure I had a "better" PDF but I must have deleted it. I have a pre-facelift PDF, but that's not what you're after.

Seems like you get a good spec, you pay anymore with the conversion rate?

List price at the moment for a manual coupe is around AU$68K, plus taxes/dealer fees/rego would take the full RRP driveaway price about AU$72K, which on current exchange rates is £44.5K - I think that's a wee bit more than it would cost over there isn't it?

The Audi dealers are willing to negotiate and you can expect savings of 7-12% on RRP numbers, which would bring the real world driveaway price of a new base spec car to mid 60s.

I paid low 70s for mine, but with the options I selected the RRP was in the mid 80s. Once a car's driveaway price goes past $57K we get slugged with a Luxury Car Tax as well, which hurts quite a bit, haha.

List price at the moment for a manual coupe is around AU$68K, plus taxes/dealer fees/rego would take the full RRP driveaway price about AU$72K, which on current exchange rates is £44.5K - I think that's a wee bit more than it would cost over there isn't it?

The Audi dealers are willing to negotiate and you can expect savings of 7-12% on RRP numbers, which would bring the real world driveaway price of a new base spec car to mid 60s.

I paid low 70s for mine, but with the options I selected the RRP was in the mid 80s. Once a car's driveaway price goes past $57K we get slugged with a Luxury Car Tax as well, which hurts quite a bit, haha.

Thats crazily expensive, talking around 30k here in base spec. Hope your fuel, tax and insurance is cheaper !

Fuel is about $1.30 per litre at the moment (for 98RON), so that's about 80p.

Insurance costs me about $1100 (£670) each year and registration, which also includes a portion for compulsory third-party insurance, is about $770 (£470) per year from memory (plus it varies a bit from state to state).

But we do seem to get ripped pretty hard on new car prices. Especially over the last couple of years where our dollar has been relatively strong against most major currencies. We're almost at parity with the US$ right now, so when you see, for example, the price we pay in Australia for a 135i could get us an M3 and change in the United States you have to wonder why there is such a discrepancy.

Ben I've probably got a brochure at work which will be from when I bought my car. I can bring it home and show you on Sunday, but you can't have it. ;)

Ben I've probably got a brochure at work which will be from when I bought my car. I can bring it home and show you on Sunday, but you can't have it. ;)

Thanks Scott it will help me find what I want, should of text you to ask first, lol why you keep it at work?

But I gotta keep it man, or make you photocopy it all.

I ordered my car when I was at work so it's just stayed there. Give me a text tomorrow to remind me else I'll forget!