vag com help

L3WJX

Reaction score
Have just got my vag-com lead today got it from ebay it come with a cd to VAG-COM Release 409-1 on it,this wont open for some reason,is there away i can get this open,also i have downloaded the light version but this seems abit naff cheers

I think that the theme here is not to buy cheap ebay cables, which a) do not work with the full fat VCDS software and b) do not come with any sort of support from ross-tech or the Chinese cable manufacturer.

To get help you need to tell us the OS version you are running, type of cable (USB/Serial) and what errors you are seeing. Secondly, the copy that comes on the CD is either pirated or needs to be fully registered before it works, or you already got a virus on your PC form running a dodgy executable from an unknown CD.

I should add that I'm speaking from experience here, having to replace two crappy ebay cables before getting the proper VCDS tool. To be honest, the 240 squid you spend on the original cable is nothing compared to the money you save on trips to Audi to get stuff diagnosed, in the first year or so.

Leshkin says it all tbh, if you're looking to get a genuine cable to use the full software then give me a shout via pm as I supply these.

when u get cheap ebay leads, u have to fiddle with the drivers to get them to work, a few of my mates have bought them and said they didnt work, then after sortin the drivers the work fine

Or get genuine & no fiddling at all ever:p