Tyres - What do i go for?

will89

Reaction score
Need two new front tyres as mine are now on 2mm, the back ones were replaced just before i bought the car and have 5mm left. The front are current Conti Sport Contact 3's and the rears and Pirelli P Zero Rosso. I like the conti's on the front as they do hold well but i have had to pay out best part of £1000 this week allready so i have a budget! I had falkens on my 57 plate focus i had last year and when the snow hit they were terrible going up hills! I can get another set of conti's for £230 fitted but was wondering if anyone else had an opinion?

I have also been looking at Vredistein and Goodyear (although v.expensive) and vredistein won the best tyre something in auto express.

I don't really want to go over the £230 mark so what would you reccomend?

Thanks.

Ever since owning my Audi i have ran with falken's for my 18's and Kumho's on the 19's. I find both are very good when pushed to there limit's
through the Brecon Becon's.

I have 17" sport alloys and use Goodyear Eagle F1 As'metrics - I did run P-Zero Toro Rosso's but switched to the Goodyears and have been extremely happy - wet weather handling has been improved and road noise has been reduced loads.

The Conti Sports are a very good tyre. Great in the wet and good value. I got them fitted on all corners, they have never let me down even in the bad weather at the beginning of the year.

I think i will go for the conti sports, i know they are a brilliant tyre, hold the road really well. £230 for two fitted a good price? (235/45/17)