Cars with cheaper roadtax?

Any vag with the 1.4 TDI will be cheap, Lupos and A2's are £35 and the polo/ibiza are £90 I think

They also do a million to the gallon so happy days!

Wish it was that easy chaps, I'm being asked to do a favour due to my bit knowledge of motorcars lol. Things like 'low mileage', 'cheap road tax', 'good on fuel' and '£4k max budget' has been thrown in the air, plus I need to convert her to VAG! lol Her current ride is an Honda EK Civic which I found her with only 24k miles on it for £3k, but the car whilst mechanically brilliant, has seen better days on the bodywork front.
So something to replace that, but I think I need to look at 4/5 door cars, as she maybe starting a family soon.

I would suggest a Mk4 Golf 130bhp or 150bhp TDI. Cheap to run, not bad to insure and tax on the 150bhp is £145 a year. The 130bhp maybe lower. Other is a Bora of the same power or a Polo TDi if not too small.

Polo 6N2 TDI 1.4 - think they're in the lowest tax bracket and are pretty quick!

If Ford ins't a problem, then the little fiesta 1.6TDI is pretty cheap on road tax, my mum was paying £35 a year I seem to remember. She had a Zetec S version, actually not a bad little car and looks quite smart.

Mini Copper diesel. 1.6 110bhp was 35quid for year. Now is 30 quid for the year!