Aircon advice

murdoch

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me why my aircon doesn't work when its cold outside!! just when you need it to defrost everything the aircon symbol will not stay lit and the compressor doesn't kick in when i press the button. yes the heater does blow out warm air when its warmed up, but that doesn't clear the windows,its ok when the weather is anything but frosty! I'm thinking it may be a sensor or something ?

thanks

As above. There is nothing wrong its supposed to be like that check your handbook it will say in there. Hope this helps

numpty says thankyou. do i have to suffer **** demist then when its cold, its even worse with a car full of kids all talking and breathing, steams up real bad!!

Mines demists fine in cold conditions i normally put it on full heat though.

i think the misting up seems to happen more often if you run the AC a lot.

Our old FWD didnt have AC, and it demisted just fine, similarly the TQS stays in ECON mode most of the time and also demists just fine without using AC, but i've heard a few people that use AC a lot that they find it hard to demist without it.

Might be worth checking your scuttle drains to ensure they're not blocked. Blocked drains allows water to seep into the carpet and mean the car steams up really badly.

thanks, i'll check my scuttle drains and persevere with it, thanks for the advice