Audi TT parts on the A3

Blueie

He who dears' wins!!
Reaction score
Im sure iv seen some pic's on here of a some A3's with the TT gearstick and gator, just wondering how is it done?:think: Im sure iv seen N8 has done it to his car

Also would the ali vent rings fit the A3?:think:

Cheers:thumbsup:

Both the Mk1 and Mk2 vent rings are a straight swap.

i have a set of Mk2s going if you want. 4 are pristine, one is fairly knackered (from an accident damaged car). PM if interested!

the rings arent a straight swap subby you need the whole vents (unless youre already running tt vents)

that's what i meant...

and to make clear i've got a set of whole vents going.

Gaitor not a chance in hell wrong shape & take my word for it as I did the gearknob mod so N8 could implement, the gearknob also was dsg, so if yours is dsg then can be done, but the latest 8P now has this gearknob fitted, but they revised the gear selector for it to fit as they did on the S3 dsg aswell in the last year, so you'd have to either do my mod to your dsg selector or swap the whole unit out which is about £1k, as opposed to 1hr of your time & about £100ish my route.

that's what i meant...

and to make clear i've got a set of whole vents going.

Sent PM - Plus are they easy to change??

Gaitor not a chance in hell wrong shape & take my word for it as I did the gearknob mod so N8 could implement, the gearknob also was dsg, so if yours is dsg then can be done, but the latest 8P now has this gearknob fitted, but they revised the gear selector for it to fit as they did on the S3 dsg aswell in the last year, so you'd have to either do my mod to your dsg selector or swap the whole unit out which is about £1k, as opposed to 1hr of your time & about £100ish my route.

NHN i knew the gaitor was a different shape as i had a TT before, just confused me how the hell he did it.:keule: So if its its gonna cost me a silly amount to change (cause mine is a manual) will give it a miss

Yeah 5 minute job for all 4. Turn your vent to between the 1 and 2 o'clock position, around 45 deg. You'll feel it click. Get a flathead screwdriver behind the vent and give it a firm tug. Once it's free a bit then work it side to side until it comes out. Then slot the new vent it. It'll only go in one way. Sorted!

Yeah 5 minute job for all 4. Turn your vent to between the 1 and 2 o'clock position, around 45 deg. You'll feel it click. Get a flathead screwdriver behind the vent and give it a firm tug. Once it's free a bit then work it side to side until it comes out. Then slot the new vent it. It'll only go in one way. Sorted!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NHN i knew the gaitor was a different shape as i had a TT before, just confused me how the hell he did it.:keule: So if its its gonna cost me a silly amount to change (cause mine is a manual) will give it a miss

It cost me £107 for the TT-S shifter and I used the old S-Line gaitor, but I'm getting it done anyway