2000 Audi S4 Manual

buckethead

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm in the market for a sporty car in the $20ks and I have narrowed my selection down to the Audi S4 and a BMW 330/325 Ci, both used of course. I love the styling of the 2000-2001 S4 (interior and exterior) and the amount of torque via the midrange revs (and the ability to raise the horsepower and torque numbers with a new ECU), but various magazines, including Consumer Reports, label this year A4 as a car to avoid and that it has lots of reliability issues. I have found two S4s in my area, one 2001 with 67k miles and another 2000 with 57k. Do any of you have information or experiences with your own audis that would support the conclusion that the S4 is unreliable or information to the contrary. I would greatly appreciate any responses.

Get the 2000-2001 S4. I assume you are in the states? Buckethead - as in the guitarist? I had the pleasure of seeing Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains a the Electric Factory in Philly, PA a few months back, that was an amazing show. Les Claypool and buckethead together is hard to beat. But if you don't have a clue what im talking about then i'll just walk away slowly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

But to answer your question. I saw the 2000 S4 because my friend and I got new cars at around the same time. He got the BMW and I got the 2000 S4. I love my S4 and he does like his BMW but when I get into it (2000 325 i believe) It just doesn't have the power or the styling of the Audi. IMO I would take an Audi over a BMW anyday. Good Luck on your search.

Yes of course the guitar player, I have about 10 of his CD's. He is my favorite guitar player and I was greatly grieved whence I missed that show (I live in Pittsburgh.) You don't happen to have any live vids of him playing do you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif?