S3 Battery

bennn

Reaction score
Hi All

The battery on my S3 has died in the snow. I think its been on its way out since i bought the car as its gone flat before after being stood for a few weeks and had to be jump started.

What battery do i need for it and where is a good place to order one from? I know i could look but im away from the car at the moment and was going to order one now. Online its not too clear there are two different ones for the A3 1.8T and the S3 isnt listed seperatly.

Cheers,

Ben

I got mine from Halfords, yes they raped me, but its a silver top Bosch battery. Pretty good. However, i typed my car details into their website and it came up with the battery i needed. When i got it home to fit it i found it was too long for the battery box. So, the one their website says fit...doesnt. I took it back in and they just gave me a smaller one which has prooved to be fine.

I'd get one from GSF (German Swedish French). There's probably a branch near you.

I paid under £60 for a Varta Silver battery from TPS, a standard battery would have been £9 cheaper than that. I too tried Halfraud's and the local motor factor's - both wanted in excess of £70.

You could try Costco if you're a member, heard they have decent quality batteries - unfortunately I forgot to try them and realised a week after buying the Varta SIlver one that I'm a member (through work) and maybe could have got one even cheaper.

I paid under £60 for a Varta Silver battery from TPS, a standard battery would have been £9 cheaper than that. I too tried Halfraud's and the local motor factor's - both wanted in excess of £70.

You could try Costco if you're a member, heard they have decent quality batteries - unfortunately I forgot to try them and realised a week after buying the Varta SIlver one that I'm a member (through work) and maybe could have got one even cheaper.

Cheers,

Does any one know what the battery requirements / model i require, i dont really trust the automatic ones. Failing that ill have to whip mine out tonight and have a look.

If your're using TPS, they should be able to get the exact battery from the Reg number, they haven't let me down yet. Another way is to write down the number off the battery itself, normally like 065 or 063 etc.

Many have the cold cranking amps written on them too (helps when you want to compare different brand batteries). Your local friendly stealership should be able to access the same info, use them if they're easier to get to and then once you know the battery model type, shop around for the best deal.

I got one from the scrappy for 20 bob. Did the trick just lovely.

Got a bosch silver and the 1st one they got was also too long. Varta silver also avaliable GSF , Euro car parts , Andrew page all do them