Something to put you off that "trip to the Nordschleife"

They only pay out for the cars, track closure armco and recovery and all your own pocket.

How do you know? Maybe he was just blitzing it and lost grip. Just because someone crashes it doesn't mean they're not treating the track with respect, professional motor-sport drivers crash all the time but I bet it has nothing to do with track-respect.
He didn't lose it by marginally clipping a curb or going just a little too fast, as someone who knew what they were doing but was pushing a bit too hard would, he careered straight off the track because he barrelled into the corner way too fast. This is the mark of someone who doesn't know the track well enough and came a cropper.

Inexperience and overconfidence has been the most common cause of the trackday crashes I've seen.
Indeed, and being overconfident when you don't have enough experience is what I call not treating the place with respect :)

It's an epic place and everyone should go there at least once, even if they don't drive it. I remember coming in after my very first lap and rolling the window down as I rolled up to my mates in the car park and just saying "holy ****ing crap!".

Exactly how I felt after my first lap....

My 6th and final was just after light rain.... Some bloke on a GSXR1000 came past and slid off braking for the corner right in front of me. I hadn't truly appreciated ABS before that but being able to avoid the bloke's bike while still standing on the brake pedal was phenominal!!

I took out a days insurance - £100. Covered for car and that was it.

www.moris.co.uk

Trackday Information:

Date: 13/09/2009
Organiser: Self Drive
Track/Venue: Nurburgring

Policy Premiums:

Excess: £1,657.50
Premium: £125.13
Discount: £0.00
Admin Fee: £4.95
Total Premium: £130.08 including Tax
Credit Card Surcharge @ 2.5%: £3.26
Total Amount Paid: £133.33

Apparently you can get insurance when I was speaking to some guys over there, but it requires an inspection of the car beforehand at a cost and the premium is nut. Have you seen the excess cost on the rental swifts there, it's nuts.

I had no problems driving it in the dry, mainly because I wasnt really pushing it but I'm ashamed to say I had a little accident in the wet in my 8L where I hesitated and slide into the armco and dented the front and rear arch also crushing the intercooler. Definitely down to driver error. Luckly the damage was minimal and there was no damage to barrier... Well they didn't even pull me up.

I would say if anybody does plan on driving it I would say to make sure the car is 100%, because the track is extremely harsh and is worth not taking any risks.

If you search you tube for "seven second 'ring king"

The guy in the s3 still got further than a guy in a BMW!!

Driver - "ready?" me - lmao!!

Oh dear! That was somewhat shorter than he imagined his experience would be!

Nice to see he'd prepared his car for the wait for the recovery by filling the car with various confectionery to keep his energy up. Survival food indeed...

haha ive seen that before a couple times and to be fair, its prob a good thing that he spun it out there rather then getting some real speed up and hurting someone!

I purposely went off at this corner in my Lambo last night on GT5...didn't roll it like the Astra video :(

Did you check out the username of the uploader? :icon_thumright:

It's the passengers excitement that gets me every time! And the snickers on the dash. Lmao hehe

I think I will stick to the Ring on Rfactor or GTR Evolution, crash barrier don't hurt then!!