S4 rear caliper wanted

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
anyone selling or know anyone who is selling a spare rear S4 caliper then can someone let me know please as mine is ******** so need to replace and got no money to get one from TPS(£150)

plus does anyone know if a 98plate A4 2.4 V6 rear caliper will fit the facelift S4 as there is an A4 on my drive i can have it from

What is your s4 caliper made off, cast iron or alloy ? If its cast then the other a4 wont fit, if alloy then any a4/a6 FWD caliper will fit as they are made by Lucas...

im sure its ally mate, im positive its made of ally but i will check first. the A4 is a FWD so might fit, if its cast is it made by Girling(or how ever you spell it)

It wont fit, because the Alloy caliper on a facelift S4 is extra wide to accommodate the Vented disks.

It also has the same M10 fluid connection as the earlier steel calipers, rather than the M12 banjo the later FWD cars got.

who's that with andy?? there one on ebay fully refurbed for £70 so might go ahead and get that one.

you still after a rear caliper? i just upgraded to facelift with bigger discs and somewhere in my garage im sure i kept the old ones, will have a look either sunday or monday, which side you need? if i can find them

he needs a facelift caliper...

Twiggy that looks alright, bar it having the wrong disk size. Shouldnt matter though, as the carrier sets the disk size.