OBD connector

For the record, using them both at the same time will kill communication speed... I am not even sure the communication bus will support 2 devices trying to sample data at the same time which is generally why VCDS logs a max of 3 blocks at a time... the older K-Line communication on 8L's is not fast at all.

This is why I ended up hard wiring mine (which isn't that difficult tbh) and switching the K-Line wire between the Liquid and the OBD socket for VCDS... in particular any extra 'noise' that may be introduced could potentially brick your ECU if you are having it flashed for whatever reason... Old Ibiza's are particularly prone to poor communications and generally need to be bench flashed.

I wouldn't recommend running both together but I understand having to enter the pwd every time is a royal PITA which is why mine is on a switch power feed from the OBD socket so even when I switch between Liquid and the socket the Liquid still has power.

<tuffty/>

For the record, using them both at the same time will kill communication speed... I am not even sure the communication bus will support 2 devices trying to sample data at the same time which is generally why VCDS logs a max of 3 blocks at a time... the older K-Line communication on 8L's is not fast at all.

This is why I ended up hard wiring mine (which isn't that difficult tbh) and switching the K-Line wire between the Liquid and the OBD socket for VCDS... in particular any extra 'noise' that may be introduced could potentially brick your ECU if you are having it flashed for whatever reason... Old Ibiza's are particularly prone to poor communications and generally need to be bench flashed.

I wouldn't recommend running both together but I understand having to enter the pwd every time is a royal PITA which is why mine is on a switch power feed from the OBD socket so even when I switch between Liquid and the socket the Liquid still has power.

<tuffty/>

You're 100% right dude, it's not possible (especially on the pre facelifts) to run both at once at all. However, you can use the adapters to do what you have done, and use it to keep power to the liquid.

You can use the adapter with VCDS and liquid at the same time, as long as the Liquid is in power save mode and not actually in use.

I've tried one of these on mine with success as long as the above is the case.

Yes, Thanks for that i meant the liquid still having power not running them together,
Edit: Seems you can only get the splitter in america..:(
May get a female port with flying leads on the end and solder together

Last edited: