bose system

B

bainsyboy

is it just me but my sound system in my old audi 100 ( great car ) sounded better than the bose i have in my tt ( luckily i got it free ) Any one else agree/disagree ?

I've heard it said before to be honest. Is it brand new? Speakers quite often take a while to bed in. Some one also said that the standard Audi settings are crap, and once they'd messed around with it it was much better (can't remeber what the setting was but it wasn't as simple as bass/treble)

to the average joe.. who are used to the sub standard oem systems that manufacturers fit.. the bose systems are very good.

Anyone who has heard a reasonable, well installed after market system will tell you that the bose systems arent all that at all... but they do serve the purpose of making reasonable sound in a car available to the mass market.

Any reputable car audio dealer should be able to better the bose system for the same cost.

I recently installed a £1000 amp and speaker system in a boxster S to replace the sound pack and it knocked the owner for 6. It was in his word.. better than most home systems he has heard.

Amit

hi cheers for replys, system is just over year old, may have a tinkle when weather gets warmer, must admit not impressed with at moment, bose seem to go mad for bass which is ok but then it drowns out the treble ( if that makes sense ) a grand on an amp must sound impressive, have to see what santa brings ( prob be more socks and hankies, no amp )

Hi,
I haven't got a Bose system in my TT, but I have got the usual Concert problem with the volume knob. Do you know of any after market head units that will be directly compatible with the speaker configuration and control the CD changer in the back? Thanks a lot.

To all replies thanks for advice. Andymac yes i have Bose come up on the display, like ive posted i got it free but i think i would be a bit peed off if i had payed for it. Scotty also cheers for advice ill leave alone. I think you got to have bose for resale value as there all advertised with the package. herber3 i dont know how this works but if you can try talking to Amit on this page as im sure i read his profile and im sure he works in audio and should be able to give you your advice, ive thought about changing the concert in mine but i like the display on dash board

My wife has had a TT both with and without Bose in it. I must say that in the size of the TT, I completely prefer it without the Bose on it. The Bose is just too boomy and forward in the size for the TT compartment.

And, I have rather extensive stereo at home to compare against also.

Roy.

I must admit i only had the bose installed as i got it free and for resale reasons, i must admit not that impressed with it, the 6 auto changer thing is in the spare bedroom collecting dust just waiting for me to sell the car lol. My gripe with system is too much bass not enough treble. I must be getting old, saying that though ive got a set of skull candy headphones with active subwoofer on them that rattles your brain, so maybe its just mid life crisis lol. Thanks for advice and tips, and if your thinking of getting bose in the car i used to work as dj in clubs and pubs so i do like my music to sound nice,bose i have heard for indoors use is real good but not impressed with it in car

nearly on 1000 views for this thread do i get a free gift for having that amount of views, still think the bose system not worth the money

Sorry to open this thread again, but theres not much else going on in the tt forum ( must all be cutting hair )
just been in mates mazda rx8 and his got the bose system in the car and must admit it pi--ses all over the bose in my tt, the treble and base are spot on and as for volume it makes mine seem like its on mute. So in my overall opinion the bose in the tt ( cant comment on other audi models ) is complete pants.

Yours sincerely

mr bainsboy

Totally disagree.

I found the Bose in my TT Coupe was good value and had a reasonable and solid sound.

Of course it's not the best in the world but compared with standard it was a darmatic improvement.