abit of a strange one today?

takworldwide

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was traveling down the motorway today (at about 60ish) and all of a sudden when i went to press the accelerator it would not work.i let off and pressed the go pedal again and nothing. i pulled over to the inside lane and was thinking what i time to break down its f@@king freezing outside!

I changed down a gear and there we go i was away again, revs kicked in again. it was mega weird it didnt happen again on a 200 mile round trip?

1.8t AGU DBW, The car was at full temp, all the electrics were working fine, full service 2 months ago (inc fuel filter), injector seals reaplaced.the revs just slowly went down.

i was thinking it might be fuel related??

any light on the subject would be awesome.cheers

check the n75 feed from the top boost pipe (the metal one) sounds like its split or has come off, ive had this a few times!

oh forgot to say checked with vagcom as soon as i got home but no fault code found? is there a way to log fuel pressures etc

thanks

tom.

thanks quattro1,

having alittle trouble trying to remember pipes around n75. do you have a pic of the pipe mentioned?

pop your engine cover off and its the pipe ive pointed an arrow to, its got a little heat protective piece of material on it that just pops off, take it off and have a proper good look, specifically where the rubber pipe joins the metal fixing

18T_HeatDef_1.jpg

in fact ive just gone to take a pic of mine and its ****** broken again!!!!! annoying!!

You can check the fuel pressures, but not using VAG COM. You will have to plug a pressure gauge into the fuel line to do this.

I would be surprised if it is fuel pressure related personally. It would have been missing and farting like crazy if there was no fuel in there. Secondly, I would expect the pump to be weak before it would give up completely like that. None the less, I would firstly change the fuel filter. On the AGU, my first suspect would be that the engine wasn't firing, and in the cold like it is, I would be suspecting the Ignition Amplifier.

If you can get on VAG COM then check fuel trims on block 032 and post them back, just out of interest. Don't reset the fault codes before doing this as it will clear the trims too.

If it didn't do it again, on a 200 mile trip, then I would put it down to one of those things and monitor the situation.

I've checked the n75 to charge pipe,all is intact. thanks for the photo tho quattro1.

I changed the fuel filter about 2 months ago! i also replaced the ignition amplifier about a year ago(suppose it could gone again!).

It has happened a handful of times since i bought the car 3 years ago, seemed to kick back in straight away before, but this time felt like eternity!

Is it possible to log 032 on an AGU?? thanks for the input tho welly.

just a side note some guy has just ****** ran into me on a roundabout so i have to worry about my headlight, bumper and wing aswell as the car not accelerating.brilliant!