New to an A3 2.0TDi - Couple of Questions

Red-Eye

Reaction score
As you may know I've just got an A3 2.0TDi Quattro, great car, loving it to bits :drool:. But i've got just a couple of questions.

It's got MFSW fitted & i've noticed that when the MODE button is pressed, it just says "NO FUNCT" on the driver display, it does this also with the TALK button, but that is due to the phone not connected. Is this normal or a problem that can be fixed easily?

Not that it's needed yet but it seems the aircon is not being switched on when the ECON button is turned off (light off), is there a way of testing the system or just that cos it's cold it will not work yet anyway? I have read that it could be a problem with the cooling fans relay, is there away of testing this relay?

Any help would be appreciated

Mode and Talk buttons do not work without phone prep kit or Bluetooth installed.

As far as the a/c is concerned I should wait until it's a bit warmer and then whilst driving turn the controls down as far as they will go i.e 'min' and press 'Auto' button. If you don't get cooler air then you may have a problem.

Or, you could get the car up to temperature with the heater on full and then turn down to minimum and press auto. The a/c should then blow cold.

Ne Audis have the Option of BT only at about £150 or FOC on BE. These do not include Voice. You can tell which you have a number of ways. BT Low has cradle and charger potential and is usually in armrest and will have Fin Aerial on roof. If you just have cheaper BT there is nothing visible and no Fin aerial unless you have DVD Sat Nav.

Hope that helps.

E&OE

Ok, I thoght the MODE button was able to swap between the radio & Cd player, that's what is said in the manual !? Am I reading it wrong then, the thumb wheels work to adjust radio station/CD track & adjust volume.

Think your right, will have to wait till it warms up a bit to try aircon, dont think I need it right now !!