Enabling Xenon lights on a 1999 8L S3

svensktoppen

Reaction score
Hi,

Short version: The car is a LHD Euro model, imported when I moved here. It had Xenons originally, but they had to be changed for driving on the "wrong side" (pointed the wrong way, and could not be adjusted enough). Ended up with standard lights at the time for cost reasons, which involved changing the wiring.

Anyway, would like to get Xenons back on again. Is it "just" a matter of buying new UK spec lights from Audi, and then sort out the wiring again, or is there more to it? Like ECU reprogramming, etc.?

I still have the Euro Xenons sitting on a shelf in the garage...

Hi,

Short version: The car is a LHD Euro model, imported when I moved here. It had Xenons originally, but they had to be changed for driving on the "wrong side" (pointed the wrong way, and could not be adjusted enough). Ended up with standard lights at the time for cost reasons, which involved changing the wiring.

Anyway, would like to get Xenons back on again. Is it "just" a matter of buying new UK spec lights from Audi, and then sort out the wiring again, or is there more to it? Like ECU reprogramming, etc.?

I still have the Euro Xenons sitting on a shelf in the garage...

I think there's a switch/lever within the headlamp to switch it from LHD to RHD, the info should be in your handbook IIRC.