Rear washer delay

a3tdi2001

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if it's normal for there to be a delay of a couple of seconds before the water comes out or is it normally instant?
Cheers.

what happens if you wash it and then wash it again. Do you still get the delay on the second wash?

Don't get the delay if I wash it straight away but if I leave it for a while it takes a couple of seconds. Checked all the joints and they are all fine. Is there a non return valve somewhere?

it sounds like its leaking from somewhere to me. At the moment mine isnt working at all but havent got round to looking at it

Mine has always been like that. I put it down to me not using the rear wash wipe very often so the fluid needs to be pumped back through.

It's horrible, though, as the first sweep of the blade across the mucky glass has no water with it.

Cheers
Trying to find out if they all do it and the fluid runs back to the bottle when idle. Front washers normally have a non-return valve fitted to them making them instant when you skoosh.

Cheers guys.
I was thinking about putting a non return washer valve near to the motor but think it's probably designed to have air in the pipe for when it freezes and thaws.