New S3 ownership queries

Blounter

Reaction score
Hi,new to forum and new to S3 ownership. Got a few questions regarding my 2002 S3 bam which somebody might help me with. No problems with it (yet!) I just haven't drove one before,only this one so just want to check mines tip top (hopefully). Are the gear changes quite notchy on these cars as a rule? Mine has done 110K,but excellent service history,but the lever feels quite loose/notchy (does get better when warm mind). I have read the bottom of the lever where it connects to the cable change does wear out with age? Can the lever be changed easily/cheaply or the cables be adjusted? Might be the fact I've come from a leon FR 2008 with not so many miles on!!!:laugh:

Hi Mate,

Mine is kinda loose and notchy and its done 69k...think this is just a "standard feature". It's also quite a long shift from gear to gear and is why im thinking about a short shift!

the s3 gearbox is notchy anyway,but afew have your problem across the vag range,alot change the gearbox oil for fully synthetic and say this helps!