1.8t Quattro Avant

Oakie72

Reaction score
Looking to get some advice please.

I have found a V reg (face lift?) 1.8t 180bhp Quattro Avant with lots of extras inc. S4 interior with 98k on the clock for £2300. Does this sound about right price wise?

Many thanks

whats miles SH etc etc

98,000miles, audi stamped history to 72,000 inc cambelt change then serviced by a VW technician. 180bhp sport, interior is s3/s4 spec, they are electric half leather recaro`s, with chrome trim, arm rest that`s leathered, electric windows all round, electric mirrors, reversing sensors, air con climate.

Quat1.jpg

Quat2.jpg

seems a good price

Its not an S4 interior, Its unique to the TQS, and was an optional extra when new.

Price sounds good. I paid a bit less for ours, but it didnt have the recaros and had an ABS fault.

I'd be checking for sludge very carefully if its been on AVS, and get the oil changed immediately, and frequently once you've baught it.

As with any car purchase, close inspection is needed. I notice for instance they've not bothered cleaning the interior, and the handbrake lever is in the ceiling, which means the rear brakes may need attention (the handbrake mechanisms are known for siezing up).

You'll probably also find a rear spring or two is broken, as thats VERY common, and might be a nice bargaining chip.

Last edited:
Nice find I'd be tempted at that price I paid 2500 for my 99 saloon with those recaro's with 114k. Not many have those seats to.

Thanks for the advice

Oil is changed regular, motul? and the disk pads have all been done recently which would bring the handbrake down wouldn't it?

Depends if the caliper is siezed or not!

The pic of the car suggests something unusual with the handbrake, so its something to investigate. It might just need the cables adjusted.

Three clicks should more or less hold the car.

caliper isn`t seized, the brake pads hadn`t been done in that pic, 72000 when i bought it now has 98520, sorry its not clean inside, it does get used daily by the wife and myself being self empolyed a 4wd mk1 golf and bora 4mo to look after and also having my back pinned together in november i don`t really get alot of time, but my mate does have his own detailing business and will it get done this weekend, as for the springs being broken not here,

my handbrake sat that high when on before it was tightened up just recently.

I would take it at that price.

my handbrake sat that high when on before it was tightened up just recently.

I would take it at that price.