scuttle drains?? where are they?

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all.
As above, can anyone tell me where the drain holes are for the scuttle area on B5 S4 avant? Mine is a couple of inches deep in water....
Thanks.

Under the battery tray and under the brake servo.

metal coat hanger and give that area a good poke and prod.
You might still have the rubber bungs under there. If you have take them out.

OO, dont forget to cover the end of the coat hanger so you dont remove any paint.

WIth mine i removed the grommets, trimmed the slit so it was much larger and open all the time then refitted it.

I also removed the battery and its tray, as that way you can properly clear the ***** out, rather than just blindly poking around under there!

Reactions: fanta
WIth mine i removed the grommets, trimmed the slit so it was much larger and open all the time then refitted it.

I also removed the battery and its tray, as that way you can properly clear the ***** out, rather than just blindly poking around under there!

Blindly poking around is the only way to do the break servo one?

With the battery and tray out the way you can see it and just reach in with your finger!

I also kinda meant you could clear the ***** out of the scuttle area itself. I found mine to be full of sludge and leaves that would undoubtedly migrate towards the freshly cleared holes, so i scooped out as much as i could then rinsed it all off.

Definately remove the grommets (or trim them) as they are designed to block up. Last time mine flooded the grommet was literally blocked up with silt, no leaves or gunge just very fine silt. Really stupid design Audi!
Draingrommetcloseup.jpg

Cheers everyone.
Got the one under the servo poked through to allow the water to drain off, just as well as it was raining!
That will do until summer when I can get the battery with tray out and do a proper job of cleaning out.
Also stuck in a new pollen filter - the old one was absolutely black both sides and soaking.
Cheers.
Ross.