Few questions about the S3

adcooper

Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line
Reaction score
As above just a few questions about my new 2003 S3 i would like to ask other owners cheers for any help.

1) The boot button on the key, mine does nothing is it supposed to open the boot when locked?

2) When the engine is on all the dash (speedo, rev counter and window buttons) are lit, is that normal?

3) Some one told me it was hard to wheel spin the S3, when i gave it some beans earlyer the TC light flashed like a xmas tree even from 1st to 2nd gear, is that normal?

4) The temp gauge is always on 90 is that ok?

5) Someone also told me that you can get the car to lock it self if you go quicker than 5-7mph can audi do that?

Last one honest i have also heard that you can get the car to open the drivers side first then the rest if you press the button again, can audi do that too?

Sorry for all that but any feedback is greatfully appreciated!

Cheers
Adam

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I am probably the least knowledgeable person on here but I'll have a stab:

1. Yes, the boot should open. You should hear the same sound as when you open the boot manualy (unlocking).

2. The instrument panel is always lit but things like climate control buttons are not lit unless the headlights are on.

3. I have never seen the traction control light on my car come on, and I have tried, even in the wet!

4. 90 is normal.

5. Yes, you can do this but you need VAG-COM software, a laptop and cable. The dealer will do this but will charge you.

[ QUOTE ]
adcooper said:
As above just a few questions about my new 2003 S3 i would like to ask other owners cheers for any help.

1) The boot button on the key, mine does nothing is it supposed to open the boot when locked?

2) When the engine is on all the dash (speedo, rev counter and window buttons) are lit, is that normal?

3) Some one told me it was hard to wheel spin the S3, when i gave it some beans earlyer the TC light flashed like a xmas tree even from 1st to 2nd gear, is that normal?

5) Someone also told me that you can get the car to lock it self if you go quicker than 5-7mph can audi do that?

Last one honest i have also heard that you can get the car to open the drivers side first then the rest if you press the button again, can audi do that too?

Sorry for all that but any feedback is greatfully appreciated!

Cheers
Adam

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome! Nice choice of car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1) Boot should unlock and pop open - solenoid probably duff, very common
2) Only if the headlights are on, not 100% sure on that though
3) Has the car been chipped? Tyres ok? Have to try pretty hard to get the TC light flashing on mine
4) Perfectly normal
5 and 6) Both are anti car jacking features and can be enable by Audi (£££) or a kind forum member with VAGCOM software and cable.

HTH
Adam

press and hold it for a few seconds and it will pop the boot.

yes

it can do if you really brutal.

yep perfect

yes its an option that can be enabled at audi or with vagcom. locks you in at about 15mph.

you can also have locking beep and a couple of other functions, like 2 touch locking. again set like above.

Cheers for the quick responce people.

3) The Tyres are ok as the car has only just covered 1,100miles from new, dont think its been chipped i have only drove 1 other S3 before from Beechwood Audi. It was a bit damp and i was giving it a bit for the first time as a 306 GTI6 was giving me lip. Should i be worried?

5) How much does thsi normally cost?

Cheers yet again

Adam

Cheers for the quick responce people.

3) The Tyres are ok as the car has only just covered 1,100miles from new, dont think its been chipped i have only drove 1 other S3 before from Beechwood Audi. It was a bit damp and i was giving it a bit for the first time as a 306 GTI6 was giving me lip. Should i be worried?

5) How much does this normally cost?

Cheers yet again

Adam

Get yourself along to one of the meets and I'm sure someone will have vagcom with them. I'm sure if you buy them a pint they will enable the features for you.

Cheers
Rich.

Anyone want a pint in the midlands? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif