PLEASE HELP ME

bezA3

Reaction score
Hi all

I have changed my sidelight bulb on my A3 05 2.0tdi and when i changed the first one it worked ok but when the door shut it went off, and came on when the door opend it came back on then went off completely and the original one wont even work now, the passanger one through all this was on with the original one still in then when i attempted to change this the it went off completely and now i am with no side lights, I also have no manuals only the service book and was wondering weather it could be a fuse if so where is it (ive checked the fuse box at side of dash and no luck) please help im really confused now.:huh:

Thanks Bez

turn the sides on check round the back if back aint on ya ****** ur fuses
can i just say while your changeing your bulbs back can you kindly change your name as its mine - the A3 but still mine

The computer has switched off power to the circuit thinking the bulb has blown.

Put good bulbs back in with switch off, start engine and switch sidelights on again. If it doesn't clear then you have to have the faults cleared from computer with diagnostic equipment.

Only use original bulbs, not led's, because most led's do not use enough power to let the computer think the bulbs are ok. Only get special canbus 'error free' led's and even some of those don't work.

There are dozens of threads on here describing the problem.

will have a bash tomorrow, just dont like the yellowish tint next to my HID's.

Try doing a search for 'led sidelights' and you will find some that are more likely, but not guaranteed, to work.