DIP STICK SLEEVE BROKEN

S

shanejess

whilst wet and dry hand sanding the inlet manifold today i broke the sleeve whilst pushing it slightly out of the way so i could sand the manifold. these go brittle over time, i went to autograph and they had a spare but trying to pull the broken one off it snapped right at the bottom. back to autograph and on the ramps they got it sorted in no time, but pointed out both inner and outer cv joint rubber covers were split they hold the greese, so more money to be spent next week. i drove the S3 to autograph with no dipstick sleeve broken right at the base, i took it easy but when i lifted the bonnet oil had sprayed all over, they chequed oil level and it seemed ok, but i put 2 glugs of mobil 1 in when i got home just in case.

i couldnt reach it, it was broke 2inch from the top at 1st so dipstick went back in to drive 2 get the new part but when i got home with the new sleeve, trying to pull it out it broke right at the base so i couldnt reach to put anything in their to bung it etc to go back to get it sorted, once i got their ie oil everywhere.

i replaced mine when i changed my 'stat.

i found an aluminium replacement, but it was around £70.. pretty cool though.

hows the polishing going?

Im lazy so ive sent all my stuff to be mirror polished, rocker cover, inlet manifold, charge pipe, throttle body, fuel rail, and all the visible clips.
My strut brace too.

Im having the rocker cover smoothed at the same time :D cant wait to get it back!

i carnt wait to see your results pal, i used a to abrasive wet and dry to start with, but the inlet is looking quite good at the mo, with having the n249 delete as im sure you have it gives you more room to polish the rocker cover, today ive gone from braso to autosol to braso, it looks ok ish but nothing like i know your resuly is going to be, keep us informed big boy.

Yep, ive done the n249 delete, and the SAI delete too.
Just ordered new intercooler hoses.

Fingers crossed my parts will be done on friday :)