ECS N75 Race valve

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Anyone tried this one?

Awesome - ECS Race N75 Frequency Valve 1.8T

Awesome Product Code: EN-ECS-VALVE-N75

The N75 is the VW/Audi part identification number for the wastegate by-pass regulator valve. This valve is responsible for controlling the movement of the pneumatic actuator which drives the wastegate. The wastegate is an internal valve in the turbo-charger which controls the amount of exhaust gas that flows over the turbo impeller generating boost. Under normal operating conditions the engine's ECU sends signals to the N75 valve asking it to open or close which adds or reduces pressure on the wastegate actuator which results in more or less boost. The ECS RACE N75 valve modifies the normal operating parameters of the original N75 valve by delaying the speed at which these ECU signals are interpreted. The result is a higher initial peak boost and an elevated boost curve which tapers back to stock/chipped levels over the engines rev range. Average boost gains are 1-3psi over the rev band.

racen75.jpg

lots of talk about n75 valves recently just wondered if this is gonna be any different to the J, H, F, C etc

Just usually spikes it up over what the ECU normally runs at putting it into limp as it thinks somethings wrong. Something like that anyway :p

Mate on my spikey N75 I'd get a brief blast that would pin you back in the seat then it would die off to requested boost anyway. It would also put out the same peak BHP but obviously a slightly higher torque reading but only for about 1500 revs.

If I was you I'd find someone who has the J valve and ask them if you can try it on your mototr before you buy one.

Old thread reboot ;)
I've seen the comments about spikey boost and limp mode etc using an ecs 'race' valve.
However, I have one at home I bought for my old AGU golf Gti.. (worked fine). I took it off when I got rid of the car knowing how pricey they are.
My question is.. Now a few years down the line in mapping, can these be fitted and 'mapped' into a BAM S3?
I'm progressing towards a map with other mods and if it can be made to work, and improve the results then I'm thinking I'll take it and fit it on the day.
Alternatively, would the 'J' revision be a better choice if at all?
Thanks for any replies in advance
Jamie

I don't get it... if your having it mapped anyway why not just leave it as it is and have it mapped to give the response you want?

If the ECS valve is potentially 'better' than the standard one currently on the car, and I already have it without having to spend money... Would it not make sense to fit it? Provided of course it makes improvements not hindrances.

If the ECS valve is potentially 'better' than the standard one currently on the car, and I already have it without having to spend money... Would it not make sense to fit it? Provided of course it makes improvements not hindrances.

Its not really 'better' it just has different response characteristics that create a spike in boost... once over the spike the valve offers nothing more than a std valve as the ECU will be dynamically altering duty to meet its calculated boost request...

If you have one and you are getting the car custom mapped then its not really an issue... if you fit one to a wideband car without mapping then chances are it will go into limp mode... worse case if the map on the car is particularly aggressive you could create a big enough spike to cause rod failure...

<tuffty/>

So in essence, there's no reason why I shouldn't fit it, provided the map is a sensible one. Are there other options (such as the J valve) that would be better suited to my car with standard internals? Or is it really not worth the bother to change for the sake of figures?

I would read Tuffty's response as in essence there is no reason to change it from the standard N75 valve unless the old N75 is faulty and you dont want to buy a new one or (and) you desperately want that potentially dangerous uncontrollable boost spike. If you want a safe controllable boost spike then use the standard N75 and ask for a safe controllable aggressive boost ramp in the map?

That's fine I was just interested to see if in the few years since these were slated, whether or not custom mapping had found a way to make these a beneficial mod with the initial boost etc.
If they still remain sketchy I'll play it safe.
*ECS race valve anyone?* ;)

Reactions: Alex C
Its a valve... its never going to be a beneficial mod with custom mapping as it makes no difference... proper mapping will just essentially calm it down...

If you have a faulty N75 just replace like for like...

<tuffty/>

Cheers for clearing that up, I'll just keep the standard one on..
Cheers again, worth an ask