Think I've had enough now...

That's weird I had a 110 non pd gttdi and since then my brother had it and a friend has it. Only faults we have had is a hose came off from turbo. Cam belt jumped out 3 teeth! Because the garage didn't tension it correctly and it still lives! Engine mount previously sheered from block due not being correctly torques. A leaky rear wiper, uber common. And dodgy door microswitches. Not bad for a 98 car which we have had for 6 years and counting. Very good cars, just not the 150pd.

Everyone will get different problems with different cars. Evryone used to slag off Renault but the 5 turbo and the Clio 182 I owned were fine.

Bottom line welly, don't sell the S3

Keep on with it Welly, you've really set the trend (along with some others ;)) for k04 tuning and it's been inspiring to watch your work. I'm sorry that you've had so many issues but from what I've read most have been down to the level of tune rather than niggles here & there which will happen to all cars throughout their life. I know you spank the nuts off of that thing so that has something to do with it no doubt but you built it for that purpose so you have to take the ough with the smooth, especially if it's your 'daily' too.

I do wonder though, you S3 guys seem to have far more trouble with yours than our LCRs, I find this strange as we virtually have the same machine and if anything I'd expect Audi to be the best.

Welly..

As i said to you before The prob is u use the car as a everyday car..

Mine's done literally 1k in the past year and yes its great to take it out but i just dont find it a "Toy" as how great the S3 is its still a little boring...

I think the prob with me is that ive had so many Performance cars over the years i just havent found the right car...

And the fact i buy and sell on the side so i drive such a variant of cars

Ive just sold another Wrx Sti Uk (Number 16 now and i always say never another..!!!) its always that next morning start up worry

Ive got a nice clean 54 plate Cosmic Ctr at mo which actually makes me grin really quick for a standard car and sounds crazy/handles like go cart

Ive got my S3 up on Pistonheads for £7,500 which i think is a fair price for all the mods/condition(as pretty much all mods are less than 2k old)

Had a few bites but the S3 market is seriously all over the place

Im looking for a K04'd S4 or go back to a Stage 3 Saffy cossie and they would seriously bring a grin back to your face.....

Or Blag your brother's M3 off him there great fun...(But then a little too refined)

Tuffty gave a good point In regards to a crusty but the amount of probs youve had with yours will it ever stop...(May be u should put a block behind the throttle peddle about 1/2 way Lol...

Good luck with your search but stay away from the Diesal's There just so boring my Seat Exeo Sport's great but it is JUST the Family car....

Pete

Last edited:
Theres a guy at work who has played around and done all kinds of bits an peices to his 3 series...the car suffers with problems every other week. Maybe its just a bad luck car, or all his tinkering and upgrading has affected its reliabitlity. I had a 2.0 vauxhall astra, 99 plate, standard...every 3 months it had a problem, final straw came when it started burning oil and would require the head off to find out where the oil was going. Bye bye astra!

My s3 i suppose would be in my bad books if i didnt have the warrenty, had a lot of suspension work done due to wear and tear. However what i find helps is not always being on these fourms lol As everytime i hear a noise or creak i think its a serious issue and come on here and start fretting.

However personaly if i were you i would chop it in. I had the same attitude of, ok well if i get this done, things will be alright, and if i get anouther car i might suffer the same problems etc.

Had mine since September 2009 and gone from 62,000 miles to 89,000 miles problems? Yes; new clutch and flywheel after remap (a fair one IMHO) replace the MAF and fitted a 007P and the central locking pump did the usual thing. Had to replace a cracked rear ARB due to a pothole (Hardly cars fault). Apart from that lot its been a cracking car, and its my ninth Audi, they are not perfect but unless you go mad with the mods and are unlucky i think they are amazing all round cars, strugggling to think what I would replace it with in 3 yrs time, nott keen on the S3 8p shape, though a good car, so a S4/RS4 currently top of the list. Im sure if you sold yours Welly you would regret it very quickly.