Octane booster V v POWER

based on tests ive read in magazines, they're a load of boll ocks, never been proven to enhance performance in anyway, always make it worse.
just what i've read in mags like redline etc

Unless you are prepared to spend serious wonga (around £35 litre) don't bother with octane boost. As said they are b***ocks...

I could sell you some 118 octane race fuel if you want? I buy it around £2.25 a litre... So think yourself pretty fortunate to buy fuel at the price you pay anyway :)

Unless you are prepared to spend serious wonga (around £35 litre) don't bother with octane boost. As said they are b***ocks...

I could sell you some 118 octane race fuel if you want? I buy it around £2.25 a litre... So think yourself pretty fortunate to buy fuel at the price you pay anyway :)
Pretty fortunate and paying for fuel should not be put together, take it your happy then...

Pretty fortunate and paying for fuel should not be put together, take it your happy then...

I'm not happy with it at all but until we get a radicalist that people will listen to then it won't change, I have even looked into running some of my cars on E85 (bioethanol) thinking it will be cheaper but it costs more per litre to start with and you don't get as high MPG so there is no point. Thanks to the government not encouraging to get us to convert to E85.

PS Don't put E85 in your car without the correct injector modifications (could be quite expensive)

Well, yes, but not for the octane boost - I run 99 Octane as well as water meth. It will bring the octane up though.

Interested in this now... Do you press a button to "fire it in" or does it trickle through all the time?

Gone in sixty seconds with the "go baby go" button springs to mind.... Want!

Cheers lads thought as much, i just thought a brand like millers would not sell a gimmick....oh well.back to £1.39 PL
@ welly yes WMI is on the cards in a month or 2

Last time I looked a bottle of octane booster (I forget the brand) was £7.50, would treat 50L and said it would give up to 1.5 RON extra.

Better off putting V Power in anyway?

Last time I looked a bottle of octane booster (I forget the brand) was £7.50, would treat 50L and said it would give up to 1.5 RON extra.

Better off putting V Power in anyway?

Read the label correctly, "will boost octane by 1.5 points"

Actually means will put your octane up by 0.15 (0.1 is an octane point)

Complete con.

Read the label correctly, "will boost octane by 1.5 points"

Actually means will put your octane up by 0.15 (0.1 is an octane point)

Complete con.

Haha, yeah that actually rings a bell!
A guy who works here swears by it, he puts waaay too much in a tank of V Power into his Fiesta 1.6!
Max Power reader.

WMI is a serious consideration... not that I have thought about it in terms of running 95ul and using the wmi to top up the octane..
It would work tho...
1 gallen tank, 50% meth would last a tank of fuel or more depending on right foot.

Hmmm

On the subject of petrol prices, has the price of V Power gone down??

Normally its about 8p more than normal unleaded by me, but the other day normal was 127.9 and V power was only 131.9.

Now when I say gone down, I really mean, has the price levelled out a bit as opposed to normal unleaded?

I was quite surprised to see this.

Haha, yeah that actually rings a bell!
A guy who works here swears by it, he puts waaay too much in a tank of V Power into his Fiesta 1.6!
Max Power reader.

I'm sure that's REALLLLYY noticeable in a Fiesta...

At the end of the day higher octane really is only for high performance or turbo charged engines to stop detonation.

If you run over 1 bar boost on 97 unleaded you need to ****** ignition by something like 8 degrees.

i have used octane booster before made power delivery feel smoother but there is no way id substitue better fuel and use octane booster to up the ron.. would it actualy work out cheaper to use a octane booster and std unleaded then to just use v power/momentum99???

Tesco 99 is much better than V Power, been proven many times at MRC on the rollers

131.9 for V Power here :) (Still too much though!!!)

FUEL CAT - FUELCAT - Fuel Efficiency - save money - lower emissions - petrol - diesel - gas - oil - bio fuels - environment - Car Shows - Classic Car Shows

Check this link out, I spoke to the guy who designed these a few years back @ a car show & he was very confident about his product to the extent that he advises running Jap import cars that are mapped for high octane fuel on plain 95ron through one of his fuel cats to bring the octane rating up enough to prevent detenation etc, anyway take a look and see what you think.

Ewan.