anyone recommend a decent alarm for an S3

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for a good alarm really. I have the standard Audi one but not sure how good it is, I was wondering whether to upgrade and what to get.

I just want to make sure I have good security really, theres so many out there like Toad, Clifford, Viper it baffles me as there are no decent reviews.

A few years back I used to always swear by the Toad Ai606 CAT1 Systems.Looking back it was a ballache with the passive immobiliser having to press the key fob to start the car if you havn`t after 30secs of opening car as above I would stick with what you have if you want a good visible deterent buy a Disklok {ebay} 290461676724 thats what I use and they are Thatcham rated and supposed to be very good..

I've had a Clifford Avantguard 5.5 fitted over a year now.

Took the engineer 10am- 12pm to fit it so I kinda got my monies worth with it only being £770 fitted.

Its got all the goodies, plus remote star- (for cold winter mornings) + (a proxy sensor) to warn off people who are too close.

Piece of mind + all that.

I've been considering getting a Toad fitted myself - I ideally want one with a turbo timer, as turbo timers cannot be retrofitted to work with the OEM alarm system.

redneck_car_alarm.jpg

I've been considering getting a Toad fitted myself - I ideally want one with a turbo timer, as turbo timers cannot be retrofitted to work with the OEM alarm system.

I've got one of those aswell.

Excellent after a "spirited" drive on a cold night...

:)

The alarms on our s3's are thatcham approved and are quite highly rated.