Shaking Car?

marc_mcquilling

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My '57 A3 Sport 1.9TDi starts shaking between the speeds of 55-70MPH. at all other speeds it is perfect.

I have only had the car 2 weeks so i took it back to the garage i bought it from and they have looked into the issue and concluded that it was not the wheel balancing/ bleb in the tyre, but that it was the fuel filter restricting the flow of diesel to the engine. Apparently this uis quite common on A3's and Passats?

Anyway, this has not resolved the issue and im just wondering what on earth it could be?

Any ideas/ pointers?

Thanks Guys, Marc.

Could be a variety of things, is it in particular gears, did they check bearings, driveshafts, need more testing to eliminate as we could speculate all day long.

As for fuel restriction, on a 1.9tdi 57, cant see it as even my derv fuel filter that wasnt changed on both my cars older than yours until last year, wasnt filthy to stop fuel & fuel pumps going, urm not that many heard of, as there are 2, 1 under rear bench & the tendem pump under hood on the 2.0tdi, not sure of 1.9 but probably same.

I'd try the balancing first.