What colour of wheels on a Dolphin Grey S3

nelson19uk

There's no poke without smoke!
Reaction score
Getting my wheels refurbed and thinking about what colour to get them done in.

Was thinking Titanium but it might be a little too dark.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thought that anthracite and black was too dark. Satin silver is just the same as is..... I think.

Now smoked chrome looks mental...... Is it a powdercoat or can it be sprayed and polished.

quite like the new titanium colour Audi are doing on wheels. Not as dark as anthracite and still not too light.

Cheers for the ideas

Now smoked chrome looks mental...... Is it a powdercoat or can it be sprayed and polished.

as far as i know its a sprayed paint finish with lots of clear coat, be something a bit different to the usual

I've seen it on a green bentley continental and it looks well smart.

Bump!

Also spent hours searching Google Images and the pics thread to try and find a Dolphin Grey 8L with anything other than silver wheels!

There must be one out there!

i'd go silver personally. dolphin grey is very dark and it needs the silve contrast. personally i think black or even smoked chrome will be too dark. the wheels will look too small and you'll lose the detail against the grey paint.

i'd photoshop one up and have a look first

I''m in the same boat mate lol ive got a dolphin grey A3 and dont know which colour to get the wheels done , i was also thinking smoked chrome but i dont want it looking to dark "/ , i carnt find any tidy images of dolphin grey A3/S3's either lol

DSC_0914.jpg

GTI_Anthracite_Sunny.jpg

I've got it booked in for the 6th of may for a full refurb and for them to get painted Audi graphite/titanium. The same colour as you see on some TTRS's etc. If it's crap I'll just get them painted again. Won't be too pricey to do that. The wheels reapirs are the more expensive bit.

Cheers for your imput guys.

:rock:

smoked chrome :wub:

wheels084.jpg

wheels091.jpg

Might be a bit dark for your car but looks lovely :)

I seen a set of S8 wheels (same style as yours but 19") where the spokes alone had been colour coded leaving the rest chrome and it looked nice imo, was going to do it to my S8's before I got the new wheels