N80 Valve - A shiny penny to the clever sausage...

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
...who can tell me where I'm likely to find the N80 (Evap/Fuel Tank Breather) valve on an AGN engined 1.8 Prefacelift (if of course it has one).

Pretty desperate to find it ASAP, so would be most grateful for any pointers!

Cheers,

Rob.

Do you mean the charcoal canister and its gubens?

As above, it is part of the charcoal canister - don't think it can be separated.

As above, it is part of the charcoal canister - don't think it can be separated.

The N80 valve is the clicky thing that has a vac pipe and an electrical connector... this can indeed bee removed from the canister... on a NA 1.8 I would imagine its in the same place as the 1.8t's etc inbetween the expansion bottle and the washer bottle onthe drivers side of the engine bay...

<tuffty/>

Well, tuffty gets the clever sausage shiny penny award because he was technically first, but you both had the bit (although neither really suggested where it physically sits in the bay ;))

It is the badger sat in the top of the charcoal filter box, between washer bottle and expansion tank. That doesn't help me because it means it's different to the knackered one on my B5 I was hoping to replace - should they be the same, I know they are on a 1.6 8L.

For the record, it is removable, it just pulls-out of the top of the box, to reveal the fact it's missing half the housing it'd need to be the one I'm after!

Thanks anyway folks,

R