Changing front bumper!!

S3 finatic

Limp mode
Reaction score
I have a 54 plate Audi A3 TDI sport, and the only thing i do not like about the car is the front grill!!

I have bought a bumper and grill from a 55 plate Audi A3 TDI Sport, but after reading a few threads i am unsure if this will fit without the bonnet as well.

Can anyone confirm if this bumper and grill is a straight forward swap? As i have it booked in for a front end re-spray, and don't want to find at the last minute i will need more parts.

Are you trying to convert from a double grille to the larger single grille? You'll need a new bonnet too. Lots of threads about it on here, 8P1 is the double grille, 8P2 is the early single grille and 8P3 is the most recent single grille style.

If you're going to a 2005 single grille thats an 8P1 to 8P2 conversion:

8P1 -> 8P2 needs a new front bumper and bonnet.

8P1 -> 8P3 needs a new bumper (with new foglight surrounds and lights), a new bonnet, new wings

Last edited:
Correct. If you don't change the bonnet you'll end up with a car looking like this........

19042008.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the 8p2 and 8p3 bonnet are the same?
As there are so many people on ebay advertising 2004 to 2008 bonnet..

8P2 and 8P3 bonnet are absolutely not the same. they use different hinges and lock carriers, the grilles and wings are different shapes as well

Cheers! I can see it's going to be harder than i thought to find a bonnet. Will have to keep an eye on the local scrap yards.