Performance times

Correct i walked away from bill's with the 3" TIP in my hand I now wish i fitted it there and jumped back on the rollers.

I noticed my G/s jumped from 199 to about 215ish just from fitting the tip well happy with it.

Thats a good gain, looking forward to getting mine on now.

Thats pretty much where I got to from just bolting on the 3" tip - 270 brake

Dane - you should run this test once you get your hybrid setup. See how much quicker it is compared to a stage 1 and 2 S3 and see how it compares to some of the cars in the above links.

Ok Will do :thumbsup:

This is sort of the point of Welly Tuffty and I plus a stage 1 and a standard s3 doing runs in a controlled environment. It will hopefully give us all visual and factual information on the real world differences.

I.e. we know that mods produce more power/torque but what does that translate to in real life, will a hybrid be noticeably faster than a stage 1, will Tuffty fall back to begin with then destroy a hybrid, what will Wellys do? Etc etc.

Cheer Dane, looking forward to seeing your times.

Ye thats exactly the point to this thread, to see how the different stages compare to on the road performance. I really want to see the difference between a stage 1 and 2 because alot of people say its not worth it but would be good if the times say different. I would love to see the difference between wellys and tufftys cars compared to a stage 1, 2 and 3 (your hybrid). We all know it would be alot but how much and how the times compare to other cars would be interesting.

Cheers Karl. The more different levels of tuning that run this test the better so we can all see exactly how much quicker one stage is than the other.

Cheer Dane, looking forward to seeing your times.

Ye thats exactly the point to this thread, to see how the different stages compare to on the road performance. I really want to see the difference between a stage 1 and 2 because alot of people say its not worth it but would be good if the times say different. I would love to see the difference between wellys and tufftys cars compared to a stage 1, 2 and 3 (your hybrid). We all know it would be alot but how much and how the times compare to other cars would be interesting.

Mine gets pretty hot pretty quick I reckon that with a good fmic and exhaust you'll get some good figures from a stage 2 map.

Mine gets pretty hot pretty quick I reckon that with a good fmic and exhaust you'll get some good figures from a stage 2 map.

Ye, I got a 3" downpipe and de cat at the moment but planning on getting a FMIC and 3" TIP to complete the mods needed for a good stage 2.

Would be good if the difference between stage 1 and 2 was the same as standard and stage 1, I dont know. I hope with my stage 2 map on I can get similar straight line performance as a BMW E46 M3. 10.40 seconds which is my goal, weather this is realistic we will have to see but I think a stage 2 S3 will be close..

Do you have an enemy with an e46 lol?

Lol well no. Im just a big fan of them since a family member bought one a few years back. I actually tried getting one 2 weeks ago but the insurance was a joke. Not sure the lady on the phone quoted me for a M3 because she kept telling me for 5 minute there is no such car as a 2003 BMW M3, only 2009. She was beginning to really annoy me so I asked to talked to someone else because she clearly didnt have a clue but then all of a sudden the car appeared on her screen and gave me a rubbish quote lol.

A guy I new got one and we had a little straight line test together and I was a bit shocked in the straight line performance compared to mine. So I thought if I cant have one at the moment im going to make mine just as quick lol.