anti roll bar bushes

S3featesV9

Reaction score
Hi,

just picked up the s3 from my local audi and its passed the MOT with one advisory...nearside front anti roll bar synthetic bush deteriorated.

Im just wondering what the best upgrade is from the standard fitted now.

Audi have put a quote on the visual health check sheet of £614.78 HAHAHA what a joke.

Is it worth while replacing the whole bar and bushes, if so what shall i look in to?

Or just replace the bushes, and which ones?

Cheers peeps

I replaced the whole bar with a standard one and went for superpro bushes which seem good to me, not too hard yet better than the standard bushes. Would have liked to upgrade the bar but funds didn't allow for that at the time.

Yes did mine last week just undo the 2 bolts that hold the the bushes in place. But there is 3 different size bushes you will need 2 measure the bar

If you can afford it then front (£85ish) and rear (£125ish) R32 ARBs would be a good upgrade.
As for bushes, i'd be interested to know which are best as i'm about to put R32 ARBs on mine...

Edit: Oh, and that quote is ridiculous! Find someone trustworthy that can do a homer!

If you do it yourself make sure you unbolt the ARB from the wishbones on both sides before you do, makes the job a whole lot easier.

£614!!! Honestly, I've just no idea how they come up with crap like this! Anybody who uses main dealer for anything other than warranty work or to get the stamp in the service book must be mad, loaded or both.

i know the price is reeeeediculous. even on the sheet it said washer fluid at minimal level - £38.14. what for some screen wash? av a laugh!!

think im just gunna go for some suuperpro or powerflex bushes.

which they both have three different sizes 17mm 19mm and 20mm. its a standard 2002 s3 anti roll bar...anyone know what it is. im being a tad lazy as ive spent most the day under my car fitting a new centre section whuch should of only been a 30 min job. but in my life nothing is straight forward!

cheerrs

will have to get the verniers out and measure it m8