window stuck unstuck

gregmmm

Reaction score
My 97 audi cab window on the passenger side has a mind of it's own the 3 switches ,dr's door, passensenger door and middle consol sometimes make it go down , if I open the door it goes down whats up? [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the boards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Not sure quite what you mean, can you elaborate a bit further i.e. under what circumstances does it do things or doesn't do things.

Is it intermitant operation of the windows that you're complaining about?

Thanks for responding,
the window on passenger side goes gown; some times when I put the top down,sometimes I need to reach across and hit the pass side button, sometimes the center console, sometimes open the door. it always seems to work going up intermitient problem stuck 75% and there is some wear on the window side post ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What happens when you are not doing anything with the roof, and just use the window switch? i.e. just using the window normally does it always work?

I'm trying to establish if this is related to the roof lowering mechanism/electronics or actually a problem with the window aspect........because you mentio wear on the window post which would suggest that if this is the cause then this should be happening regardless of what is done with the roof.

I know very little about the roof mechanism and it's tie into the windows, but hopefully am pointing you in the direction of the fault, and maybe someone else will chip in.

Thanks again I will try out your idea and replace the post stuff if I can,then see what happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I tried opening and closing without the top the same thing happend sometimes the door on the right works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the switch on the driver door works sometimes doesn't same for the center switch they evidently ework whenever I see no pattern just whenever ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

When you say it doesn't work, can you see the window attempting to lower? or just does nothing?

If it attempts to lower i.e. twitches, then it is most likely a mechanical restriction of some sort, such as linkage, motor or running channels for the glass, causing the window to go to 'safe mode' like if you trap your head when the window is closing.

If it does absolutely didly squat thendepending on the layout of the electrical circuit, it could be a relay or the motor.......but not 100% sure with the symptoms you describe.

Thanks all is well in windowland 4 switches did the trick ALSO the ignition was turning and sticking past the correct point and does prevent the window lights from running correctly
I'll be looking up ignition to see what's up with this somewhat annoying feature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif