problem with my motor

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hi all ive got a little problem with my motor basicly my exhaust emisions light is on most likely a lamba sensor but now my EPC light keeps on coming on for 10 mins then going off again but the car runs fine with no missfire or anything like that is it something failing like a maf sensor or something similar oh its a 1.6 fsi petrol engine

Sounds like your along the right lines Fran, lambda sensor/MAF seem logical culprits, needs a scan obviously to confirm before you start chucking parts at it mate!

yeah thats what i thought in work we have one of those hand held diagnotsics things and the last time it said sensor 1 so im hoping that it is just the lamba sensor failed i cleared it last time now i think im going to get it sorted and stop being a tight **** lol

Fran you free tomorrow? Think Nathan may be free could ask him to run a scan? I need him to lower the front of the car aswell:happy:
Plus i think he sorting the maf and some other bits on Joes car aswell. Text me wont be on here later

Fran you free tomorrow? Think Nathan may be free could ask him to run a scan? I need him to lower the front of the car aswell:happy:
Plus i think he sorting the maf and some other bits on Joes car aswell. Text me wont be on here later
im working 2morow dude :( . but on a plus point im starting spraying my wheels 2morow so not all bad

im working 2morow dude :( . but on a plus point im starting spraying my wheels 2morow so not all bad

Aw is it, well let me know when your free. And i'll ask Nathan probably be down his some time next week anyway:happy:
Good good looking forward to photos

I've got same with egr valve keep turning of the light must get around to getting delete done but got to get lows first lol

we have got a hand held device in work i'll plug it in to see if it picks anything up , if not i'll take it into the garage next door they dont charge me to do a scan on it so happy days

I've got same with egr valve keep turning of the light must get around to getting delete done but got to get lows first lol
haha its all about the lows :), i can turn it off with the thing in work but im going to get it properly scanned to see exactly what it is i hope its nothing expensive as i need more mods on my car lol

right got the car scanned today and it came up with lamba sensor 1 ****** , the epc light is being turned on by a faulty brake light switch