Fog surrounds

ollie86rn

Reaction score
Just a quick question, does anybody know if the chrome fog surrounds can be replaced with black ones without changing the whole grille? Cheers

Dont think so mate, I've just got some new surrounds for my S3 and they are all one piece.

damn more expense, i take it you got the black surrounds? how much were they btw?

You could always take the chrome rings apart from the grilles and wrap them with either gloss or matte black vinyl to get the same effect. I wrapped mine with carbon vinyl during the week as I wanted to lose the chrome look, took me half an hour to do them tops and it only cost me the price of the vinyl. I did notice though that the rings have a part number stamped on them, but not sure if they can be bought separately. :)

Paulie

Thats good to know that they do come off, will look into wrapping it. Never done anything like that before, is it difficult or fairly simple when you get the hang of it?

They come off quite easily Ollie, there are a few clips holding them into the mesh grille part, but 2 of the clips in particular have little lips that if you push them back the rings will come away with ease. The trick to wrapping them is to heat the vinyl up with a hairdryer, take your time and to use the edge of a credit card or a proper vinyl squeegee tool to smooth it down. Just make sure you use 3M vinyl (comes in carbon, gloss or matte black) as this is the stuff that stretches when heat is applied. It wasn't hard, worst bit was getting burnt fingers from the hairdryer, lol :)

I did mine in carbon vinyl, but from a distance it just looks black, which is what I wanted.

Paulie

AudiS3pics129.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers paulie for the info, think if i go for it may do some trial runs then wait for my fingers to heal lol. Like the look of the carbon too, will do a bit of research!
Ollie

8P0 807 682 F and 8P0 807 681 M bought mine from ebay.de for around £50 including delivery a few months back. Still havent got round to fitting them yet though !