Remap or tunning box ? a4 1.9tdi 110. advice please

craigg9700

Reaction score
Hi ,

Im looking to add a little power to my A4 1.9tdi ( non PD ) 1999.

looking to spend around £250-300.

The company below quoted me £249 for a remap , but advised me that a Tunning box would best suit my engine being the Non PD ???? is this believable ?

www.protuning.co.uk/

any advice would be appreciated , I live in the north west region ( near manchester) if any of you know of a remap company doing mapping at a good price.

I have a "proper" (ie: not a resistor type) tuning box that was on my AFN Tdi avant kicking around at home somewhere. Worked a treat, Shovel loads of torque, no faults tough a little bit more smoke than usual (nothing drastic) and only cost me £90. That said though, a proper remap (as aragorn said) is the superior option.

I can see the appeal for 90quid, and for that money i'd probably give it a go if thats all i wanted to do to the car.

If you get into tuning it properly though (larger injectors etc) then you probably need to do it properly.

Yes indeed, my aim was just to increase the "off the line" and 60-80 overtaking grunt, which it did pretty well

Thanks for the advice chaps . The technician has said i could try out the box 1st to see what i think ( cheaper option) . If im not happy then i will settle for a Remap.

He did say the car will kick out more smoke on load with map or box.