Engine Adaptions Login

PAULF

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was looking to log into my engine ECU to try and adjust the EGR, but I keep getting communication errors. I have no such problem with any other of the many parameters I have tried so far, so don't really know where to start.:confused:
I have a genuine Ross-Tech KII interface, using the new VCDS (can't remember version, downloaded the updated 10.?? the other week), I am trying 12233 as the login code, although I am aware this may not be correct for my car.
I'm trying it on a 2000 plate A4, 2.5 TDi Quattro
I haven't posted on Ross-Tech yet, but have had a look through the site and can't see anything that might help (sorry Bear!)

Ummm,

I'll reply to myself as the answer was in the question!
Having done a bit more research (Google is your friend!) I think that I need to use the code 26262 to log into the AFB, as the 12233 code is for the 1.9.:rtfm:
I did find a post from Adamss24 on a different site back in 2006 asking the same thing:detective2: did you ever get anywhere?
I'll try again when I'm on days off, and post results for others.
Meanwhile if anybody can confirm the login for an AFB engine, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Nigel,
I'll do that once I start looking into it again on Monday as I have a genuine KII interface from them.
BTW, do you do a similar money off deal if upgrading to a K and CAN lead? (Am I allowed to creep my own thread?)

Ok, to finish up:

To log into a 2000 A4 2.5 TDi AFB engine for EGR adjustment, the code is 26242. I changed the value in block 3 from 32768 to 33668 (the suggested 33768 was too high a value)
If the wrong code is entered, communication is lost with 'too many errors to continue' after a while. Switch off ignition, then try again with the correct code.

Last edited:
Thanks Nigel,
I'll do that once I start looking into it again on Monday as I have a genuine KII interface from them.
BTW, do you do a similar money off deal if upgrading to a K and CAN lead? (Am I allowed to creep my own thread?)

Sorry mate I dont offer upgrades, this is solely done via the RT website iirc, but may I suggest offloading yours probably for the difference in the 2 adapters, I can sell you hex-can-usb anytime mate.

Thanks Nigel,

I'll give you a shout when I change, K-Line is good enough for my B5s at the moment!

Paul

No worries mate, wish could of helped more, but because the clone wars & counterfeits, this has forced RT to encrypt the label files which quite rightly so, so I cant even look at these to see what any login codes are for certain cars. yours may have access still of the car, but you need to be plugged into allot of cars these days to see what the files state.

any idea on adaption login code for a3 2005 tdi ?