Audi A3 8P power cable entry for amp?

RQ

Reaction score
Hi,

Where can I find the best place to get power cable from engine in my car for amplifier? I think it's under driver's side but where there exactly? I have 50mm2 power cable. Do you have some picture where it's shown? Thank you for answering. I need to get power to my new amplifier and subwoofer.

which side are you running the RCA cables down to the boot? you can take the power through the firewall on both sides of the car.

I think if you remove the glove box there is a route to the engine bay. I think if you remove the battery you will be able to see light!

I run rca's from passenger's side.... And I'm from Finland, so driver seat is on left side, no right like in England. So where can I find from driver side that hole where the power cable can be get through? And the battery is on driver's side on the left. Thank you for very fast answering guys!

And maybe the most ridiculous thing is that I don't know yet how to remove the battery :D That's why I like to try first get the cable through without doing that.

Last edited:
ok well on LHD cars there is an entry point behind the battery, that allows access down to the drivers footwell. in uk the battery would be on the passenger side. is yours a manual or auto? as far as i know the auto has a grommet where the clutch cable should have been.
not exactly the same installation as yours but it has the instructions on how to go through the firewall on LHD A3's Fourtitude.com - BiXenon Wiring & Coding

Alright, thank you for help! My car is manual, so is it the easiest way that I remove the battery and then I will find that spot....The same time I would like to ask, is here some manuals which tells who to remove the battery? Thx.

not sure about removing the battery mate, just know that you can go through the firewall on either side of the car, and obviously you want to run the power cable separate from the RCA's.
To be honest i'm sure removing the battery won't be a hard job, one of those things you need to go and have a look at and it should just make sense.