S3 back to the dealer

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
After picking up an '07 S3 last week it's back to the dealer today to get the tracking and the climate sorted. :whip:

So much for their 50 point check-up before letting me take it!

It's not nice watching someone drive your car away. I've been left with a 60 plate A4 avant with some crazy electronic hand-brake.

Really makes you glad you spent the extra 2 k i'll bet. Least they'll sort it though.

thats a pain in the ****, what dealer you get the car from? im picking my 57 plate s3 up on mon from bristol audi. had to plead with them to put new brakes all round on them and do a couple of other things... for the price we pay at main dealer, the cars must be near perfect.

Tell me about it. I should've had a good look through the folder before driving off. I've spoken with them about the schedule and they've assured me it will be sorted.

In other news, mine is now awaiting getting a new air con compressor fitted.

Tell me about it. I should've had a good look through the folder before driving off. I've spoken with them about the schedule and they've assured me it will be sorted.

Least you ain't had to pay for that!!! That would of hurt!!

ive had dramas of sorts getting my car.... put a deposit down 4 weeks ago. waiting for audi to get my plates transfered over to the new car. get a letter back yesterday that its been put on to retention. And i have to wait another 4 weeks to get my plates transfered over to the new car. pain in the ****, so now im getting it with standard plates on mon. insurance company are gonna rape me with admin fees for changing the reg no over! not happy! who's fault? Audi dealer or dvla? god knows... both as bad as each other!

^^^

I've now been waiting 6 weeks in the same sort of situation. To be fair, it's the DVLA that is slow - not the Audi dealer in my case.

At least you've got the warranty fella. That's a £900 all too common fault there alone.

Got it replaced under warranty soon after I got mine...

I know how you feel mate. Just had mine carted of on the back of a transporter to the stealers. Knackered diff, only done 300miles since I got it back after the gearbox being out to replace 5th gear+syncro+selector shaft. The car is a 59 plate with 7k on it and I have had it since new so know it has been looked after. Makes me wonder what the stuffed up when the box was out, bit of a coincidence that the diff has gone so soon??? Only consolation is that I have a nice 11 plate A6 3.0TDI Quattro S line with 600 miles on it!!! My wife now want's rid of the S3, she has never really liked it!!! Anyone want it??

I know how you feel mate. Just had mine carted of on the back of a transporter to the stealers. Knackered diff, only done 300miles since I got it back after the gearbox being out to replace 5th gear+syncro+selector shaft. The car is a 59 plate with 7k on it and I have had it since new so know it has been looked after. Makes me wonder what the stuffed up when the box was out, bit of a coincidence that the diff has gone so soon??? Only consolation is that I have a nice 11 plate A6 3.0TDI Quattro S line with 600 miles on it!!! My wife now want's rid of the S3, she has never really liked it!!! Anyone want it??
how much do you want for it ????

I feel your pain - Bought an 09 Black ed in January - spent more time in the dealers than with me - First the piston rings (Audi recall), then the DSG slipping between 1st and 2nd (still not fixed - going back in again), and a nice new one this weekend, it keeps dropping into safe mode, where it will only rev to 3k then die a little bit and shift down a few gears. Not at all impressed.

Not to want to threadjack, but does anyone know much about lemon law, and what it takes to be able to throw the car back?

Hey BigBird, Yes some of that sounds familiar!! The car originally went in as it wash difficult to put into 5th gear and would jump out of 5th. It was at the stealers for a month as a part was on back order. When we got the car back my wife said it sounded different when she was driving it home(we are 90 miles from the dealers); I thought yeah what ever what would the wife know - how wrong was I:ohmy: Then I was down in Glasgow when there was an almighty crunch and grinding and everything locked up for a few seconds. Got to the SECC and coundn't reverse, it felt like the handbrake was on and lots of clutch and burning oil smell. Went in to the exhibition and phoned the recovery when I came out a few hours later. When the RAC arrived he took it for a spin and all appeared fine. Headed for home and got through Glencoe when the same thing happened although it was worse this time. The smell of burning oil was unbelievable. About 5-6 miles before I could really hear the diff starting to whine and my old man who wad with me said the diff was going to pack in (he's a retired mechanic). Got carted home to Skye by the RAC; nice way to end the day.
Bint in the service department never lets you speak to anyone.
I will be on the phone tomorrow to check how its coming along. There are a few other things to be done to it which they forgot to do the last time!!
We will wait and see.

Just got an update. They're still waiting for the authorisation to do the warranty work which they should get a descision on today. Apparently the warranty company had asked for extra information since they only sold the car a week ago. I think they're sniffing a rat!

My guess is the dealer knew it wasn't working and sold it knowing i'd come back and then they'd try and stick it on the warranty. Guess it makes their books look better.

Just got the car back. New air con compressor fitted. Now nice and cool!

I think Audi Warranty were on to them so i'm not sure if the warranty or the sales department ended up paying for it.

Still chasing them on the service schedule. :banghead:

I've bought two a3's from Audi, never again. Approved used is just a total scam. The only good thing is the warranty obviously, but it shouldn't have to be used for the first two weeks of buying it. Didn't just stop there, owned it for about a year but the technicians probably drove it more than me. Luckily, I didn't lose money when I sold it. They said exactly the same to me and wasted a few days, waiting on the warranty authorisation.