2001 s3 wishbone poly bushing??

Rob_B

Reaction score
i have noticed that my front wishbone bushes are getting rather tired, im guessing you cant replace the bushes in the wishbones with standard bushes? is it either poly bush or replace entire wishbone?

does anyone know of a different brand other the powerflex for the poly bushes, as they are rather expensive in my opinion?

im liking this price

Audi Seat VW Front Suspension Bush KIT(large bush)SPORT | eBay UK

if not does anyone know the part numbers of the powerflex ones i need as i have had a look online and it seems there are a few different options depending on what age s3 i have...is that true??

all help appreciated

regards
rob

Last edited:
You should be able to get the OEM bushes. I replaced the front and rear ones in both wishbones last year, used the OEM one for the rear bush and the powerflex bush for the front one was advised this was a better way to go!

Oh and mines a 2001 AMK S3 and I had the larger 45mm bush, if you wanted to double check you could probably measure it up with the wheel turned on full lock!? :confused:

I've used superpro bushes all round, I was told they are softer than powerflex! How true this is I'm unsure, but I'm happy with the results.

Type defcon bush into google karl and youll see what andrews talking about.

Cant wait to get my wishbones back and get them fitted :).

So these DEFCON inserts with OEM/Powerflex bushes would really lighten up the front end and improve understeer?

I want to do my front bushes over the next couple of weeks. My steering feels a little vague at times, not 100% connected if you know what I mean?

Not to hijack the thread, but what would be the best route to get the 'feeling' back?

I wouldnt say lighten it, itll make it more precise, alot of the feedback says it helps to make the car more point and shoot, aim the car and itll go instead of feeling vague and loose.

I DID THE same as j b, feels tight, and without doin the wishbone rear bush poly isn't too hard. Only prob I have now is my front end is tighter and stiffer than the rear so more understeer. Untill i do the rear that is.
I personally don't think powerflex are that hard, softer than expected, just alot more durable. However, expensive. I might superpro a couple of bushes on the rear, then I can tell you lot the difference in compound.

I need to do these on mine, when the coilovers were fitted we noticed the bushes needed doing and now the front end feels loose. Going to do these and the front discs/pads as part of the next service, along with some adjustable rear arms.

Is there anything else recommended to do to tighten the front end? Track rods seem like a good idea. I get a little movement in the steering wheel (tiny but noticeable). Any way to sort that?