Pics of New Coilpacks

Ryan_W

Reaction score
Gents,

As per title please.

I've had mine changed under warranty but they look identical to the old ones. I thought that the new variant were bolt down?

Cheers,

Ryan

Mine weren't bolt down,never had one pop out in five years of motoring Ryan

New ones aren't bolt-down. They have grey tops to them. I'll get a pic of mine later today.

Bolt downs are considered to be more reliable (they certainly feel better built) but weren't standard on the later S3s. I think they are standard on a Golf variant. The ones they're replacing under the recall are the push downs.

Last edited:
Bolt downs are standard on APY engined S3's. AMK/BAM are push down

ive had 2 bolt downs replaced ( at my cost 2 years ago ) due to failure, they put in a push down but i took the car back and told them i wanted it replaced with a bolt down one to match the others, as 3 bolt downs and 1 push down looked silly to me, even though nobody could see the difference i knew it was there, it just annoyed me lol

mine is a 2000 APY, so looks like i wont qualify for replacements.

All push downs in my A3 - looked through the old service history and in the 8years (60k mileage) the car never had one replaced or pop-out that I know off.

I replaced mine last year just so that I have a fresh set fitted and replaced them with push-down ones from ECP - again no issues so far. A the time I didn;t relaise there was bolt down ones (never looked into it).

I'm gonna get myself a set of these - Awesome - ECS Coil Pack Hold Down Kit - anyway, they look pretty cool! (before you ask I'm not running the engine cover).

Mine's an AMK which had push downs but it went in for a recall and Audi replaced 1 so i went to ECP and bought 4 Hitachi bolt downs in anger lol

They do look well built and supposedly more reliable, if you do decide to get bolt downs,make sure you ask for Hitachi/Beru coilpacks, ECP and GSF are now phasing them out for the Bremi's and they ain't up to scratch

My bolt downs cost around £25 each supplied by Audi, that didn't include fitting LOL