Afterun Pump - BANG now fixed but long term solution?

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey chaps.

My water afterun pump has been (rad fines been fine) failing to operate recently... After reading a few suggestions on here I checked the fuses as suggested and they're all good. Then I read that someone had tapped theirs lightly with a hammer and got it working again! So with nothing to lose I tried it to and VOILA it came back to life... Very random! Been checking over the last few days and it's been fine.

BUT has anyone else done this and has theirs been fine ever since? Don't know if I should be thinking about replacing it at somepoint as it's obviously dodgy...

Suggestion experiences all welcome :)

They normally leak, have wiring plug issues and fail at the fuse on top of the battery... they are around £100 from a dealer IIRC... if its not wiring then replace the pump...

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that tufty... No it's def not the wiring as I checked this or fuse. Def mechanical.... Ok will keep an eye on it (and another tap if neccesary haha!) and start putting some ££ aside! No signs of leaking either on the unit or the pipes it's connected to.

I gave mine the magical tap and it's been good for a month now, make a right gurrgly noise when it doesn't come on :S

LOL the magic tap! Hope it lasts already have ££ tied up for the B5 Tip not a stupid after run pump!