Whats the difference?

fergysteven

Reaction score
Hi could any body tell me what the difference is between part numbers starting 4E0 and part numbers starting 8E0 is it ones off a B6 and ones off a B7 if that is correct can you use either on either model.

Thanks

fergysteven

Hi Wrath and thanks for your quick reply im wanting to retro fit cruise and dis to my A4 2.0tdi avant sline 2005.
I have a few part numbers but they all start with 4E0 and i have seen some that start with 8E0
The parts i have seen are

Wiper stalk 4E0953503C
Cruise Stalk 4E0953521
Steering ECU 8E0 953549 (L,N,M,P,Q,R)
Do you know if these will all work together?

Thanks

fergysteven

If 4E0 parts are across the range then does that mean im safe to use them on my B7

Cheers fergysteven

Hi Wrath and thanks for your quick reply im wanting to retro fit cruise and dis to my A4 2.0tdi avant sline 2005.
I have a few part numbers but they all start with 4E0 and i have seen some that start with 8E0
The parts i have seen are

Wiper stalk 4E0953503C
Cruise Stalk 4E0953521
Steering ECU 8E0 953549 (L,N,M,P,Q,R)
Do you know if these will all work together?

Thanks

fergysteven

From memory the cruise and wiper stalks are used across multiple models so you will see the stalks advertised on ebay.de for A4, A6, A8 etc. The steering control module, I think R and S are the no multi-function versions so you'll probably already have R. You need the one with the extra pins. I think mine is Q. There are many threads about the exact parts you require on the Internet.

Q or R steering control unit is what you need as both are the same. Both support cruise, DIS and multi function steering wheel.