Carbon trims

lukejenks

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the exterior trims wrapped in carbon vinyl or actual carbon on an s3? I mean the lower door trims. lower grill where the fogs are and the black trim on the rear?

Think Prawn was on about doing somat like this dude.

Theres a guy that sells them on ebay mate, have a look cus he has pictures of them on an s3. (may be german ebay?)

I inquired about wrapping the door blades - was advised to paint them as the corners would be difficult to do and noticable (was a about a year or more ago so things may have changed)

german ebay has a few pop up now and again and from memory the back insert was 190, the blades for all four I think was the same and the b pillars were 80 - but they come up every now and again as I imagine it takes time to do.

There are a couple ebayers that do carbon skinning - I was quoted 70 for the fog light grilles and about 100 for the b pillars, then I found this dude - carbonconnection.co.uk - about 3 - 4 weeks turn around.

There is also the skinning kit from carbon mods if your a bit handy.

my mate has just done a load on his 207 and it looks a good job. just wanted to know if anyone had any pics. I can't find the German eBay ones

i have wrapped my fins rear insert b pillars center console and center of the steering wheel but unable to put up pics as i am thick!!!looks very good and only cost £20

ive wrapped my front and rear audi ring badges, front grill surround and also the rear grab handle, i think it looks good and only costing £30 plus lots of patience

look at the s3 picture section just got some pics up see what you think

that looks good mate cheers. did you not want to do the front lower grill or was it too difficult? were the fins hard to do?

Last edited:
Haven't done the front lower grill surround yet the fins took half hour each so not bad at all
Defiantly looks better had lots of comments when out n about

Im after some suggestions please guys. I looking to use the carbon wrap on my center dash. Its a 97 a3 without the a/c so it has the standard heater controls. Surrounding the heater controls is a tiny indented outline. Wondering how to go abouts using the wrap over this bit.
Looking at these options :
1 - fill gap with filler and wrap on top.
2 - push wrap into tine gap - will this stick and stay in place?
3 - just over over the gap - Will some sort of air bubbles come up after a while?

Im pretty sure its all one unit including the heater controls section.

I would post a pic but cant figure out how to for now.

Appreciate any suggestions.

The textured wrap I used on mine has tiny holes so no air bubbles if you apply it use a heat gun to gently warm the material
This will allow it to stretch and mould into the gaps good luck n be patient