Going clunk hunting....

Precisely why I don't plan to do it.... lol.

I can't imagine it would be much fun.

Subframes a doddle, did mine today in the drive, took maybe 1.5 hours to strip off inc stopping for a brew, nothing hard about it at all. I'll post up a thread on how to if you need any info. Back together tomorrow if weather is ok.

To be fair guys, I'm not daunted by much.... However I am becoming lazy.

I can't be ***** to lie on my back and p*ss about with it frankly.

To be fair guys, I'm not daunted by much.... However I am becoming lazy.

I can't be ***** to lie on my back and p*ss about with it frankly.

+1 you've only got a week of freedom ;)

I told you not to waste your holiday on Friday too.

How is it a waste? I have a week off from the woman, so I would like a few days off from work too....

Besides - where would I rather be?

Work or Bill's?

Ooooooh thats a hard one..... lol.

and not just because of my sik tea making skillz either

The problem is that I've spend getting on for a grand, and many many hours hunting for this noise.

It's exhausted my patience basically.

Know exactly what you mean mate, its an on going Knock chasing wild goose chase owning these cars lol everyone has a creak or knock it seems.
I have just finished repairing my middle exhaust hanger which has cured one knock for me atleast.

All the best with yours mate im sure you'l get it sorted with some hair left to pull out !!

Interesting thread Welly, based on my concerns, regardless of three separate garages giving mine the "all clear".

Will be watching intently. Oh, and yes I (stupidly) still have her.

i assume you haven't done the subframe and rack bushes yet? Still think its related to the rack and fixings to the subframe... should be obvious witness marks from all the clunking...

Thats what it felt like when driving it that time... would onlyu clunk when loaded up turning or with some degree of sideways force to a road wheel but not do it again until I turned in the other way... like it was shifting from side to side...

This sounds identical to my "non existent" problem. Might get it changed and see how I get on, since the S3 is staying.

OK, Subframe is being done on Wednesday at Bill's.... I'm hopeful that it will cure all ills.

If not I will break down and cry.

OK.....subframe changed.

Feels somuch nicer and tighter to drive :thumbsup:

But the F**king clunkis still there!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

There is genuinely nothing obvious it can be either, no witness marks or anything else to see. Boooo.

unlucky mate, time to through in the towel?

Nah 3inches straight through ;)