Recommended all rounder tyres for a S3?

Andrew, I keep recommending Uniroyal RainSport 2s in every tyre thread but nobody seems to believe me that they rule.
So, i'll try again here: Buy Uniroyal RainSport 2s, 18s are £88ish (were originally £106 early last year) on Camskill.
Grip like nothing else in the wet, when you need them most.

FK452s are good (had them on my A4) but the Uniroyals are much, much better. Waaay better than the Dunlop Sport Maxx I replaced with them on the S3, and they were £165 each!

i do agree that these Uniroyal RainSport 2s are quite good, but i found there side walls where just way to soft for the weight of the s3, when hacking it on the back b roads in the dry i always felt like i was going to rip them off the rim.
i do have them on my standard s3 rims on the standard tyre size tho,
i use them for winter now and run Good Year Eagle F1 Assymetrics on 235 35 19s so not really a good comparison .

Last edited:
Previously I had the Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3, which were brilliant except for the whining noise that they made, which sounded like a bearing had gone, I then got the Bridgstone Potenza RE050s, which again were very good and very grippy in the wet and dry.

I currently have fitted a full set of Contisport 3s, they are very good too, extremely grippy, I can really feel the difference in handling with these.

All of the above are expensive tyres when compared to some others, but its defo worth the money, when you know you are safe with them.

Has anyone tried Yokohama Parada spec 2's? I've not run them myself but a friend with a 340 bhp Civic seems to rate them pretty well!

They are absolutely FANTASTIC tyres... In the dry. Moist and wet roads they're a bit slippery, but you shouldn't be wanting to drive fast in the rain anyway ;)

I had them on my old Focus, best tyres I've ever had. I've got Goodyear Eagle F1s on my S3 now... Also fantastic tyres... But they have now been discontinued (you can still get them if you know where to look though)